This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like fighting games on 360?

#1biomanPosted 4/15/2013 5:22:07 PM
How is the controller for fighting games on 360. I don't play a lot but I have wanted to pick up some fighting games. Does the controller work well for fighting games? I am looking at MK, DOA, SF, and marvel vs capcom games...
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3) Splintercell Conviction (360)
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/15/2013 5:33:34 PM
With a controller with a transforming DPad, I prefer them on Xbox
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3HambodiasPosted 4/15/2013 5:33:48 PM
not really, pretty terrible at times but you can adjust over time. Haven't really had a problem with it since i got used to it.

i'd suggest picking up a fight pad or arcade stick if you really can't deal with it.
---
Dertbag Design
Morose and Lugubrious Criminal
#4flame030191Posted 4/15/2013 5:38:59 PM
Unless you have a fighting stick compatible with the game, always go on PS3.

If controller doesn't matter to you (you have access to fighting sticks for either console or whatever), pick whichever one you want trophies/achievements for or which one your friends are playing on.

Almost all the time, the games run almost the exact same from one console to the other.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#5OMG_AIDSPosted 4/15/2013 6:26:55 PM
If you're using a 360 controller your best bet is to just stick with the analog stick and avoid both the standard and transforming D-pads all together as they're both garbage.

That being said I recommend getting a fightstick if you plan on getting into fighters on the 360. You're just starting out so don't feel obligated to spend $100+ on a TE quality stick. The WWE brawl stick goes on sale pretty frequently for ~$30 and is a great beginners stick. Amazon has it for $40 which isn't terrible and you can always change the art yourself if you can't stand the WWE art.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-WWE-Stars-Brawl-Stick/dp/B004M23RAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366075263&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+360+fight+stick

Another option is the Madcatz Fightpads which are great...at first. They're burdened with a terrible build quality and rarely seem to last more than 3 months for frequent users. I've owned 3 of them which is a testament to both how much I like the pad itself and the shotty build quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-FightPad/dp/B006ZTHGCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366075486&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+360+fightpad
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#6sonicteam2k1Posted 4/15/2013 6:28:33 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
With a controller with a transforming DPad, I prefer them on Xbox

if you are going to use a 360 controller, use this
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#7the36thchamberPosted 4/15/2013 6:34:48 PM
i love playing fighting games on 360. ive always used the analog stick and i play a ton of fighters on 360 and it works like a charm. the only game it kind of didnt work well with was tekken 6 and tekken tag 2. just try it out and if you dont like it then look into fightsticks and stuff
---
CUT!
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#8McDohl MRPosted 4/15/2013 7:02:03 PM
Having to pay to play them online? Nope. Don't like them on 360.

I do have a stick that works on both PS3 and 360, though. Just in case. I'd never play them with a normal controller. The d-pad is garbage, after all.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#9AWarAmp84Posted 4/15/2013 7:17:57 PM
I enjoy playing Mortal Kombat. I even splurged for the TE control stick which is pretty awesome.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.