This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that make you rage?

#41blackhrtPosted 4/17/2013 1:11:59 AM
No one has played Myst? That will make you rage.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#42TBD2009Posted 4/17/2013 1:32:31 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
freaking speed bike stage is almost impossible

I've never been able to beat it legitimately, and while I'd be tempted to emulate the game, and use "Savestates" so I can just revert to where I didn't screw up... well I think the "Reload Savestate" key would eventually break from the stress of repeated rage presses.

Res5 posted...
Honestly I never beat it but neither did I find it all that hard up to the speed bike stage which I don't really remember anything from.

Prior to the speed bikes, the game is a cake walk... after that stage, things get to the point of "Brutal for the sake of making the player regret buying the game". The "Tower" (final stage) is next to impossible, even with "Infinite Lives" (I've YET to beat it).

GuideToTheDark posted...
There's no "I don't rage" option.

Because I don't rage. Getting angry makes you play worse.

I would agree with you on that, if I didn't find that when my rage is at it's peak, I actually ~do~ play better. Super Meat Boy is a prime example of this... I got to the point that I was about to throw my controller through the TV (which is something I hadn't wanted to do since the NES days)... and then found myself able to ace the stages that were pushing all of my buttons. Kind of crazy, to get to a point that I am so angry, all of the obvious distractions and "game traps" became clear, and I was able to avoid them.

...of course, the moment that I started to calm down again, my performance went straight into the toilet.
#43hak145Posted 4/17/2013 1:46:08 AM
something tells me you made this poll just to point out Dark Souls in a negative light but i don't know what....
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#44c0rr0s10nPosted 4/17/2013 8:31:40 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
the one's I've played (Ninja Gaiden NES, Ninja Gaiden II, Conan, Megaman 9, Battletoads, and Super Ghouls and Ghost) makes me rage pretty friggin hard.

Dragons Dogma...i broke the disc and tore up my game guide i was so furious. stupid uber chimeras out of nowhere. never again capcom never again.
---
When asked about Black Ops 2, ii Tryhard has this to say: "If you have <2 KD, you are BAD at this game."