This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is the Walking Dead shooter game half way decent for a rental?

#11SparkItUpPosted 4/16/2013 7:52:37 AM
glassghost0 posted...
I actually enjoyed this game despite all the hate, definitely worth a rental

^ this...it truly is full of flaws...but it is great if you are a fan of the show...the only decent voice acting comes from Daryl & Meryl. It isn't for everyone.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#12shawnmckPosted 4/16/2013 7:54:33 AM
If you like zombies, yes...otherwise, no.
The game is so blatantly rushed its pathetic. It incorporates some nice ideas, but never really fleshes them out very well. The game also puts limits on you that shouldn't be. For example, the game makes guns draw the attention of the zombies (good idea). The game also incorporates stealth so that you have the option to sneak around instead of shooting guns (neat idea). But in execution, they screw up the game, because there are times when you just want to use a gun, but every time you do groups of zombies magically appear. I'd sneak around and kill all the zombies, but that kept getting boring & repetitive, so I would save a few to shoot with a gun. As soon as I shot the gun zombies would just spawn all around me. It became pointless to use any guns because it kept spawning groups of zombies right next to you. They wouldn't shamble in from a distance...they would just appear out of thin air. That completely destroyed whatever immersion the game developed evaporate into thin air.

And if you just stick with stealth than the game gets repetitive...but if you try to use any guns, then the game magically spawns groups of zombies right up your ass. I would clear out the entire area and close all doors and gates, but fire a shot and all of a sudden they're right next to you. It was a pain in the arse.
Eventually you get the crossbow, but by then I was disappointed with the game.

The final area also feels kinda pointless and very poorly designed.
This game was a rush job and it shows.
A few Reviews from some professional game sites claim that the game was only in development for like 8 to 10 months.
It's obvious it was a quick cash-in.
It has very good ideas, but the execution is so flawed in many ways.

Rent it if you like zombies, skip if you don't.