This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you like Tomb Raider reboot?

#81MoonBoundPosted 4/23/2013 6:51:02 PM
No its not overhyped wow plenty of other games are overhyped though.
#82ikancuPosted 4/23/2013 9:07:47 PM
Am I the only one who had the desire to repeatedly punch Lara in the face every few minutes?

She gets abducted and then escapes. The door to the bunker (or whatever) is open and she starts shouting, "Is anybody there?" or whatever. ****ing moron. In most cut scenes she is being an idiot.

Other than that kind of stuff, the game was good as a rental. I wouldn't recommend buying it, at least not for the full price. It was too short and the story was too limited. Needed to be epic: much larger with a lot more going on (exploring several locations, etc.). Something grander like an Elder Scrolls, GTA, or even Assassins Creed (1st one) game. This game feels like it should have been dlc for a much larger game, like the dlc for the Elder Scrolls games; a side quest or prologue/epilogue.

What was there was quite good but it needed a lot more story/quests/exploration to be a great game imo.
---
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - Emerson
#83MoonBoundPosted 4/25/2013 12:06:24 PM
Yes because realistically someone fearful as laura would not fear control her and shout because she cannot fully control it and its her first survival situation not to mention she only did it once or twice before her character developed which I doubt.you saw stop exaggerating and stop misleading others with your opinion be more objective there is a reason why this game has such high ratings and its not even cookie cutter. I wish people would be more Honest about the real reasons like how good laura is morally or naive she could be or the supernatural element which many complained about.
#84WraithX_959Posted 4/25/2013 1:47:58 PM(edited)
BBBanks03 posted...
WraithX_959 posted...
It was a good game, but nothing special. Like most games these days it was overhyped by the gaming media. It's a solid 8-8.5 out of 10.

Ugh, Iím sick of this whole IGN-based scoring mentality of ďif itís not a 9, itís Ďehí.Ē If youíre giving it an 8.5, that should mean to most anybody you think itís a very good game; it sounds like youíre thinking itís closer to a 7.

Iím not trying to nitpick over how you felt about the game itself, it just seems like IGNís scoring system is starting to permeate into peopleís minds as ďif itís not a 9, chuck it,Ē which should not be the case. An 8.5 game should definitely be well worth anyoneís time if they are interested in what theyíve seen of it.

Did you not read what I posted? My very first words were "It was a good game". The rest was me expressing how I felt it didn't deserve the media attention it got when it was released, like many games released now a days, people were actually calling it game of the year material when it's no where near that good. The gaming media hypes up games(probably because of Doritos and Mountain Dew), people buy into the hype, and then six months later no one gives a ****(remember AC3?).

Furthermore every already knows that most 10 point rating scales are actually 5 point scales. It's been that way since before IGN was the company it is now. The gaming is almost completely devoid of credibility, they don't even play some games all the way through before reviewing them.
#85desert_santaPosted 4/25/2013 2:06:44 PM
thought it was every bit as great as the DmC reboot

however i still think uncharted is slightly better
#86TheFeshPincePosted 4/25/2013 4:25:59 PM
I liked it but would recommend it for PC over Xbox because it looks amazing.
#87_Elite_Bushido_Posted 4/25/2013 4:39:03 PM
i think the general gaming community agrees its good
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#88JuanZoloPosted 4/25/2013 6:19:35 PM
Dawgwood posted...
I loved it. As for comparing it with Uncharted, I like the shooting mechanics better in TR but I would still give Uncharted the nod everywhere else.

---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#89green_aboboPosted 4/25/2013 6:24:59 PM
was fun for a week or so. don't get me wrong, the young, naÔve, & sweaty laura in a tank top is cute & all, but simply not enough.

that & the mp is rumored to be horrendous.

wasting hours looking for the last mine (of 9) really turned me off. no idea which one it is. lol.

shoulda just rented it, imho
#90Dark__ThronePosted 4/25/2013 6:33:38 PM
There were a few things that were wrong about the Tomb Raider reboot IMO.

First were the QTEs. While they weren't "Resident Evil 6" horrible, there were still too many and they simply weren't needed.

The incredibly simple and pathetically easy puzzles and hidden tombs. They took no longer than 2 minutes to figure out and consisted of one small room. I think I would have preferred the tombs to be huge labyrinths to solve with death traps and riddles and puzzles to figure out. The classic TR had huge labyrinths that took about an hour to solve and they felt satisfying as hell when you solved them.

Useless collectibles. The documents were pretty cool because they gave pretty good backstory as well as the relics since they were pretty interesting to look at. But the challenges and GPS caches were just pointless and should have unlocked something more than trophies/achievements. Maybe more costumes (like classic Lara outfit?), weapons (Dual pistols?) or maybe even more game modes.

Multiplayer was also tacked on and absolutely rubbish.

And no New Game +. That seriously takes a blow to the replay of this game.