This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible to lose skill as a gamer the older you get?

#1superweskerPosted 4/16/2013 5:47:22 PM
I'm playing through castle of illusion on genesis again in preparation for the remake and am having a real tough time with it. Every time you die you start at the beginning . I don't remember it being that difficult. I also fired up duck tales and dear god is it challenging . I was so much better at these games as a kid . Have we as gamers been that spoiled with checkpoints and save systems over the years or are my skills as a gamer going down the tubes? What gives?
---
WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL...............GT: crazydaygo
#2GGearXPosted 4/16/2013 5:51:18 PM
Old people. Can't even match my skills.

Suffer in admiration of my youth.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#3TheBlueStigPosted 4/16/2013 5:51:23 PM
It's called "retro-fog". You were never really as good as you think you were, especially when it comes to high difficulty challenges in the 16bit era.

Fire up the Star Wars games on the SNES and see how bad you really are.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4FTWWholeFnShowPosted 4/16/2013 5:52:11 PM
Im 33 and i notice in my older age my hand eye and other reflexes arent what they used to.be...

Games like bf3 i get constantly killed because u cant see far away enemies with my eyesight...
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
Women & their relationship "games" piss me off ><
#5RetroFanGirlPosted 4/16/2013 5:53:23 PM
Games are getting easier on average, you're probably rusty because barely anything challenges you.
---
Hi.
#6GGearXPosted 4/16/2013 5:54:16 PM(edited)
FTWWholeFnShow posted...
Im 33 and i notice in my older age my hand eye and other reflexes arent what they used to.be...

Games like bf3 i get constantly killed because u cant see far away enemies with my eyesight...

Dont you wear glasses?
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#7superwesker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:54:09 PM
33 here too and have noticed the same thing with a lot of fps online. Oh well that's life I guess
---
WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL...............GT: crazydaygo
#8TheUndeadCrowPosted 4/16/2013 5:56:42 PM
Fire up the Star Wars games on the SNES and see how bad you really are.

Let's not talk about those games. It isn't possible to beat Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a cheat.
#9Killah PriestPosted 4/16/2013 5:56:52 PM
is this a serious question?

answer is the obvious FOR SURE.

Everyone will be different but when you age your motor skills decrease, reflexes slow down, hearing loss, vision loss, etc...

Didn't we pay attention in health class ;)
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10FTWWholeFnShowPosted 4/16/2013 5:57:20 PM
GGearX posted...
FTWWholeFnShow posted...

Dont you wear glasses?

I do, i have my coke bottles. Yrs ago i was on a med that totally f'ed w my diabetes and my eye sight sucks now even w glasses i still have issues
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
Women & their relationship "games" piss me off ><