This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the next xbox still use MSP?

#1jayimmyPosted 4/16/2013 7:03:01 PM
you guys think my MSP will carry over ? or do i need to buy crap lol
---
GT: OakRaiders228
FC: 476843573157
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/16/2013 7:04:05 PM
why would you purchase feces?
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 4/16/2013 7:14:21 PM
It's a coin flip right now, there have been rumors point both ways, that Points will be phased out, and that Points will be maintained.

Anyone who wants them phased out is a clueless Sony fanboy.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4YodaCrackersPosted 4/16/2013 7:17:29 PM
I hope not. I want to continue getting free points, but I'm afraid they will be.
---
http://bit.ly/1175lIT
Grand Theft Auto V is the train, Saints Row IV is the bus
#5SparkItUpPosted 4/16/2013 7:35:32 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
It's a coin flip right now, there have been rumors point both ways, that Points will be phased out, and that Points will be maintained.

not necessarily...I think some would just rather see a straight up monetary value on things instead of having to buy Microsoft Points that way they don't have to buy odd amounts just to purchase something, and to have an odd amount left over that never gets used. They want to pay for what they buy, not for what they buy and have a virtual currency left over.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#6TheBlueStigPosted 4/16/2013 7:43:30 PM
SparkItUp posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

not necessarily...I think some would just rather see a straight up monetary value on things instead of having to buy Microsoft Points that way they don't have to buy odd amounts just to purchase something, and to have an odd amount left over that never gets used. They want to pay for what they buy, not for what they buy and have a virtual currency left over.

FFS just stop with the massively stupid OCD of always needing to have a Zero balance on your account. There's no logical reason to keep doing that. The only reason to need a zero balance is if you're selling your system and never buying another one.

Points cards go on sale far more often than PSN cards do, that's why they should stick around instead of going for an exact cash system. There's also the free points through Bing and XBL Rewards. Changing over to straight cash would kill those off.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7Mumble_Posted 4/16/2013 8:34:12 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Aren't you the guy who said he has 4 accounts all using Bing and Microsoft rewards? If so, your opinion is extremely biased. The problem with left over points is the left over money. Some people don't like leaving money that they will never use.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dpmm0MP.jpg
#8TheBlueStigPosted 4/16/2013 8:44:26 PM
Mumble_ posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Aren't you the guy who said he has 4 accounts all using Bing and Microsoft rewards? If so, your opinion is extremely biased. The problem with left over points is the left over money. Some people don't like leaving money that they will never use.

I have 5 accounts with Bing.

And "never use"? As I already said, unless the person is leaving Live forever never to come back, the points will be used sometime in the future.

And very RARELY are points values very far off from the values you can purchase on the cards. 400, 800, 1600, 4000, those values reflect the GoD and DLC pricing schemes.

The only time I've ever had points left over is when I bought small things less than 400 points.

And here's the most important part of having points left over......I didn't care about it because I knew that those points would eventually be spent on something else in the future.

Far too many people these days let their mental problems rule their lives, having a "zero balance" is illogical to say the least, it's OCD on a large scale.
---
Ben Franklin
#9SheepinatorPosted 4/16/2013 9:06:46 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
SparkItUp posted...

FFS just stop with the massively stupid OCD of always needing to have a Zero balance on your account. There's no logical reason to keep doing that. The only reason to need a zero balance is if you're selling your system and never buying another one.

Points cards go on sale far more often than PSN cards do, that's why they should stick around instead of going for an exact cash system. There's also the free points through Bing and XBL Rewards. Changing over to straight cash would kill those off.

It's rare that I agree with Stig, and this is one of those times.

I'm still enjoying the pile of points cards I bought last Thanksgiving for up to 55% off. Please, if you're too stupid to understand points, or so OCD you must permanently have zero balance, don't try to take away the options that people like me have for big savings, mmkay.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10flame030191Posted 4/16/2013 9:07:33 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

I was one of those who was hoping the rumor that points would be phased out and put into currency last year. Very disappointed that it wasn't...

Hopefully they do it for their next console. MSP was only useful on MS's hands as they didn't have to worry about separate currencies any longer.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.