This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the next xbox still use MSP?

#31SheepinatorPosted 4/16/2013 10:09:03 PM
flame030191 posted...
The current system just has too many flaws. If they made a good, easy to understand points system, such as 2000 point cards costing $20 exactly, then it'd be great. But they don't. That right there is my issue.

It is easy to understand, and simple math isn't an issue for me.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#32flame030191Posted 4/16/2013 10:11:18 PM
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
The current system just has too many flaws. If they made a good, easy to understand points system, such as 2000 point cards costing $20 exactly, then it'd be great. But they don't. That right there is my issue.

It is easy to understand, and simple math isn't an issue for me.

The general customer would look at the marketplace and misinterpret the prices a lot. I did when first starting out, and many other people I know have as well.

Sure, the math is simple, but if you went to McDonald's and they said "ok, your total for that McDouble is 50 points, but not 50 cents or $5", it doesn't matter how easy that math problem could be, it'd be annoying for customers to have to deal with it.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#33TheBlueStigPosted 4/17/2013 8:39:56 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Sheepinator posted...
SparkItUp posted...
has nothing to do with OCD...it's simply wanting to pay for what I use, not pay for something that is left over. It would be like if you went to the store and paid a dollar for a candy bar that cost 80cents and the store owner told you that they would hold the other 20 cents to put towards a future purchase.

It's OCD for some. I'm enjoying my 55% discount on points, and if you want the option to use credit card on everything that's fine. You can buy things at full price and I'll keep buying them at half price, and everyone is happy. But why do you seek to take away my options that are working for me?

And that is kind of my issue...I think there should be an OPTION to use MSP or to use actual currency (like there is for Games on Demand).

So you want the OPTION to pay MORE than someone else who looked for a deal on Points cards.....WTF man ? ? ?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#34Dragon NexusPosted 4/17/2013 9:37:05 AM
So you want the OPTION to pay MORE than someone else who looked for a deal on Points cards.....WTF man ? ? ?

....so?
An option, not a demand. If you bought your cheap points you can still use them. And for someone without points or the means to get a deal, they can buy with a currency they understand.

I fail to see the down side.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#35SheepinatorPosted 4/17/2013 9:58:38 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
An option, not a demand. If you bought your cheap points you can still use them. And for someone without points or the means to get a deal, they can buy with a currency they understand.

The down side is people on this board frequently seek an end to MSP, e.g. on the first page of this thread:

"I was one of those who was hoping the rumor that points would be phased out and put into currency last year. Very disappointed that it wasn't... Hopefully they do it for their next console."
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#36TheBlueStigPosted 4/17/2013 10:08:05 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

The down side is people on this board frequently seek an end to MSP, e.g. on the first page of this thread:

"I was one of those who was hoping the rumor that points would be phased out and put into currency last year. Very disappointed that it wasn't... Hopefully they do it for their next console."

There's also the problem that once an option is given to buy in real cash amounts, sales tax will start being mandatory, even on Points purchases.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#37flame030191Posted 4/17/2013 10:09:24 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

There's also the problem that once an option is given to buy in real cash amounts, sales tax will start being mandatory, even on Points purchases.

It's not on PSN or Nintendo's shops.

Some states, sure. But definitely not all states. GA, FL, and SC are all exempt.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#38jayimmy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 12:16:39 PM
Well i hope that even if they switch to currency with the next system that my MSP will switch over to the new system lol
---
GT: OakRaiders228
FC: 476843573157