This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else play Halo, Gears, CoD or anyother shooters on SP only?

#1darkness1018Posted 4/17/2013 1:04:24 AM
Just curious. Ive played/own every Halo (except Halo Wars) and Gears of War games but i never play multiplayer as i never saw the fun in just killing for more points and perks. Ive also playded CoD MW2 and BLOPS 1, Battlefield BC2 and Battlefield 3 only in single player. My dad is the same except he buys every CoD released on day 1 each year, the Battlefields, MoH's, etc... to play SP only. He also only plays 1st person shooters nothing else...lol. Anyone else only play SP?
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
GT: Gambit1018
#2OverburdenedPosted 4/17/2013 1:34:51 AM
I play gears just for the story, never got into the mp, and bought crysis 2 for the story and sold it again.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3GingaritoPosted 4/17/2013 3:49:03 AM
Played gears 1-3 online but Judgment is awful so wont be playing that. Never played Halo online just campaign and COD only played online as the campaigns are terrible (as is the multiplayer now)

Its time for a change the only competitive online game ive liked past 2 years is battlefield.
---
Currently playing - WWE 13 , Dead Island
Good kid , M.A.A.D City , Best game played this year so far : Tomb Raider. Worst game so far : GOW Judgment
#4twistedreality1Posted 4/17/2013 5:11:13 AM
I've played all 3 of those SP only
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/17/2013 5:33:38 AM
I play CoD and Gears for story. I do for Halo as well, but I've been quite invested in Halo's MP since Combat Evolved.

I would say I play Battlefield for story too, but the only one ive finished was Bad Company 1...cause it was really the only good one (campaign wise)
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#6Neoprime616Posted 4/17/2013 6:01:58 AM
I play most of my shooter offline, play online only a little bit, most games just don't meet my standards to be serious about them, closes are Battlefield 1-2, Star Wars Battlefront, and Killzone 1/HD(Battlefield/Battlefront on PC), but most shooter suck for multiplayer to me, which is why don't play online not enough content in them or higher standards.

When you play offline you somewhat get to play the way you want, and have some control, you aren't co-depended on others which I don't like, I like to control my environment, or have some command structure, or have a lot of resources(Base Assets, Vehicles, butt loads of Weapons, Item, more slots to hold weapons, etc...), and not to be limited like in most games nowadays.

And the best part of playing offline is when you done/finished/quit playing you can put the controller down, no one gets made at you for leaving the game, your not punished for quitting, giving up, or told you rage quit which messes up your team score, playing offline you understand your playing a VIDEOGAME not a SPORT were your required to be co-depended on others, no in a videogame you mostly should only depend on yourself not others unless your part of a gaming clan, that's why I like play by my-self.
#7NemerlightPosted 4/17/2013 6:11:52 AM
Only for SP? Probably not but i replayed BO2 campaign multiple times for fun.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#8secondhand1Posted 4/17/2013 6:54:27 AM
twistedreality1 posted...
I've played all 3 of those SP only

---
I don't row.
#9BahamutBBobPosted 4/17/2013 7:43:22 AM
I enjoyed the campaigns in Gears 1 and 2, 3 was a bit of a letdown but was still fun.

I refuse to play them competitive because you play them completely differently than in campaign. I am not against the coop modes, but the competitive modes are bad.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#10nothingbeastPosted 4/17/2013 7:58:22 AM
I played Gears 1, 2 & 3 mainly for SP.

I only ventured into MP for 'cheevo hunting.

It just seems like every time I go online, all I run into is kids who whine non-stop about how I ruined their K/D ratio after they run away from a DBNO opponent that I finished off.

I figure if I'm gonna play with a muted mic, I might as well just set up an SP session with bots. I get the same level of enjoyment.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.