This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggestions for good music for a racing game?

#21HeLeehamPosted 4/17/2013 4:36:12 PM
Them Crooked Vultures
#22HMXTaylor_Lee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 10:12:02 AM
Keep them coming!

I listened to episode 300 of A State Of Trance while playing Borderland's Mad Moxxi DLC - it was a huge guest mix with Sean Tyas, Aly & Fila, Marcus Schulz, Marcel Woods among others. I haven't listened to the show in years though - the music started getting incredibly buzzy and bouncy - not quite what I was looking for in melodic trance. Any good recent episodes you'd suggest?

I really liked the industrial nature of "The Perfect Drug", I'll have to check into that remix album. I think Capital G was on that one, which I recall liking too.

A lot of familiar songs on that Dirt 2 soundtrack, like the Eagles of Death Metal and Silversun Pickups tracks, but the stuff I haven't heard of, such as The Automatic, I'm interested in.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll build a playlist and share it here pending more additions.
#23PreacherXWDSXPosted 4/18/2013 10:24:01 AM
Motorhead ..... Ace Of Spades.........Fantastic Song made for fast cars, fast nights and fast woman and damn good booze as well.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#24BBBanks03Posted 4/18/2013 12:05:58 PM
Cannibal Corpse. Definitely Cannibal Corpse.

….Oh, you wanted real suggestions? I’m not the biggest Ozzie fan, but he’s got a song called “Desire” that from the very first time I heard immediately brought to mind racing down a highway at top-speed. It’s perfect. And of course, you can’t go wrong with “Crazy Train.” “Rock and Roll” by Led Zeppelin is a damn good fit. “Highway Star” by Deep Purple. “Car Chase City” by Tenacious D; no explanation necessary. “The Greeting Song” by Red Hot Chili Peppers. “Crackerman” by Stone Temple Pilots. “Smokin’” by Boston. “Master of Puppets” by Metallica as anytime listening to that song in a speeding car makes me think of that scene in the movie “Old School” where they’re driving around like psychos picking up recruits for their fraternity.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#25richboy900Posted 4/18/2013 12:43:57 PM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Keep them coming!

I listened to episode 300 of A State Of Trance while playing Borderland's Mad Moxxi DLC - it was a huge guest mix with Sean Tyas, Aly & Fila, Marcus Schulz, Marcel Woods among others. I haven't listened to the show in years though - the music started getting incredibly buzzy and bouncy - not quite what I was looking for in melodic trance. Any good recent episodes you'd suggest?

I really liked the industrial nature of "The Perfect Drug", I'll have to check into that remix album. I think Capital G was on that one, which I recall liking too.

A lot of familiar songs on that Dirt 2 soundtrack, like the Eagles of Death Metal and Silversun Pickups tracks, but the stuff I haven't heard of, such as The Automatic, I'm interested in.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll build a playlist and share it here pending more additions.

Yea I like some of the asot 500 series, but imo your right, the later episodes aren't as epic as the old. Kinda like the time the album universal religion chapter 4 was around is when asot isn't as great as it was. Around asot 300 to 480 odd were my favourite episodes. I don't follow it as much as I used to, I sometime check it out on youtube.

It still my fav radio show, I'm from england so they never really have it on radio, only kiss fm I think plays it rarely. Its all the mainstream **** they play over here like lady gaga, beyonce and justin one direction etc. Don't get me wrong I still like the house stuff such as calvin harris, swedish house mafia, guetta etc.

But yea good episodes... I liked asot 408, it had 3rd moon - monsun (tune of the year 2009 iirc) and other great tracks like everlasting. Also one of my personal favourites - 'if you should go' remixed by aly and fila. That was around asot 350. Aly & fila tracks are pure gold imo. Rank 1 - symfo is also great, from asot 414. I really need to delete some asot episode segments off my phone, they hog memory :(. And stop goin on :p
#26GearBurstGOGPosted 4/18/2013 12:51:12 PM
Metallica motorbreath
---
GT: iGh0sTfAcE
#27CapwnDPosted 4/18/2013 1:01:47 PM
Metallica motorbreath

Probably my least favorite song from that album. I mean nothing against those that like it... .I absolutely love Kill Em All, but that song...meh.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#28BBBanks03Posted 4/18/2013 2:06:28 PM
CapwnD posted...
Metallica motorbreath

Probably my least favorite song from that album. I mean nothing against those that like it... .I absolutely love Kill Em All, but that song...meh.

Whaaat?? Jump in the Fire is WAY worse than Motorbreath. That opening riff is just so... stupid sounding.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#29CapwnDPosted 4/18/2013 2:18:18 PM
CapwnD posted...
Metallica motorbreath

Whaaat?? Jump in the Fire is WAY worse than Motorbreath. That opening riff is just so... stupid sounding.

You're right. Actually that is the other song that I don't like on the album. I like it because the whole album is go good, but that's one of the low points for me.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#30FedoraDExploraPosted 4/18/2013 2:26:53 PM
I'd much rather listen to the roar of the engine...but I'm more of a Forza guy, so...

I'd suggest:

Silversun Pickups - The Pit
M.O.V.E - Noisy Tribe
Chevelle - Face to the Floor
---
http://tinyurl.com/cv6a76d