This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Japan Plays 1 Million Hours On 360, Microsoftl will Give Free XBL points

#11Troika19Posted 4/17/2013 1:28:38 PM
k darkfire posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/if-japanese-gamers-play-a-million-hours-on-xbox-360-everybody-gets-free-microsoft-points/

You can almost smell the M$ desperation.
---
unceramonius DSR kdr is .5 while holding a 1.3 kdr with the Remmington. Also died less than 50 times to DSR while dying over 150 times to the Remmington.
#12Grand_BluePosted 4/17/2013 1:29:17 PM
BreadGolem posted...
Silver members don't even deserve to play their console. Get a job you moocher. Silver members are so entitled, it's maddening. Why are you entitled to anything because you are silver? I can not wait till they can't play their Xbox's. So nice ^^.

Ok, then I will be sure to get a PS4 when it's released so I can play online multiplayer for free.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#13TrickyPonyPosted 4/17/2013 2:06:48 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
BreadGolem posted...
Silver members don't even deserve to play their console. Get a job you moocher. Silver members are so entitled, it's maddening. Why are you entitled to anything because you are silver? I can not wait till they can't play their Xbox's. So nice ^^.

Ok, then I will be sure to get a PS4 when it's released so I can play online multiplayer for free.

Next gen I'm buying whatever nexbox comes out. Had PS3 and PSN, not going to even consider another sony console until the online gets up to speed.
#14nonexistingheroPosted 4/17/2013 2:21:39 PM
Sony's online is pretty much the same in the same region. XBL is a bit superior when playing worldwide. But the difference outside of fighting games is marginal at best.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15flame030191Posted 4/17/2013 2:23:34 PM
What's worse is the fact that, if they don't bother to play it, why would $5 be incentive for them to play it? Even if they gave a free $20 game on demand or something, I doubt they'd be rushing off PS3 and Wii u to play it.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#16EcotronPosted 4/17/2013 2:43:13 PM
well we all know the 360 isnt that popular in Japan. nice idea but I don't see it working because 1) its not that popular 2) goes back to A, how many people would even have gold 3) if they did have gold would they really want to slave away a few hours more individually in hopes that everyone would be doing their part as well? my mindset would be ok I could play 20 more hours which isnt jack ****. I'll just play like normal then and let everyone else do it. 4) if they are in Japan where the xbox is not popular and probably more expensive, and still bought gold and play often, why would 400msp aka peanuts be anything for them to slave for?
#17RetroFanGirlPosted 4/17/2013 2:45:35 PM(edited)
Wow, people are mighty proud of the fact they pay for the same service everyone else gets free. Japan probably isn't going to make it, barely anyone has a 360 there.
---
Hi.
#18sec713Posted 4/17/2013 2:48:39 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
BreadGolem posted...

XBL Gold is pretty damn garbage these days. Online is slightly better than PSN overal, but PSN regular pretty much matches it in all other ways. PSN also has much better game deals (especially in Europe). PS+ absolutely stomps on XBL Gold as a service.

And no, I'm not a fanboy. XBL Gold was much better than PSN at first, but Microsoft stopped improving it shortly after the generation started, while Sony kept improving their service. Both of their marketplaces are garbage these days though... a gigantic step backward from before.

Anyhow, this promotion is just stupid. The amount of points silver members get is pathetic. Even the Gold members don't get much, 400 is also pretty sad. Should've been like 800 for Gold and 400 for Silver. I doubt the current amount will motivate them to even play more than they regularly do.

Lies. This guy's a fanboy.
---
Insert signature here.
My XBox Games: http://imgur.com/BVvNn7d / My PS3 Games: http://imgur.com/u5Ugs1i
#19SparkItUpPosted 4/17/2013 2:52:11 PM(edited)
300,000 hours = 100msp

500,000 hours = 100 more for a total of 200msp

1million = 200 more for a total of 400 msp..

Also, these hours must be logged in any of the following 20 games:

Battlefield 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon
Halo 4
Dance Central 2
Skyrim
Gears of War: Judgment
Crysis 3
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razorís Edge
Caladrius
Dodonpachi: Saidaioujou
Child of Eden
Monster Hunter Frontier G or Monster Hunter Frontier

---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#20flame030191Posted 4/17/2013 2:51:18 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
Wow, people are mighty proud of the fact they pay for the same service everyone else gets free. Japan probably isn't going to make it, barely anyone has a 360 there.

Seriously, this.

Nintendo WiFi on Wii was terrible, but Netflix, internet, and other apps were free.

Wii U and PSN are currently on par with XBL in terms of online quality, and again, Netflix, internet, and other apps are still free.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.