This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Japan Plays 1 Million Hours On 360, Microsoftl will Give Free XBL points

#21BloodyDove2vsPosted 4/17/2013 1:53:27 PM
k darkfire posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/if-japanese-gamers-play-a-million-hours-on-xbox-360-everybody-gets-free-microsoft-points/

400 if you're a gold member, 30 if you're silver. Gee thanks, 30 points. Why bother giving silver any at all? After all silver users are already treated like ****.

And root canal procedures doesn't hurt.
#22TheBlueStigPosted 4/17/2013 2:54:30 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
The amount of points silver members get is pathetic. Even the Gold members don't get much, 400 is also pretty sad. Should've been like 800 for Gold and 400 for Silver. I doubt the current amount will motivate them to even play more than they regularly do.

Typical of people like you who whine about the low level of points being given out but you never bother to do the damn math. There's more than 70 Million systems sold, and the last I heard there were more than 30 million unique Live accounts.

Just using the 30 point silver amount over 30 million accounts, that's 900 Million points they would be giving out, that's $11.25 Million Dollars worth of points.

Let's say for the hell of it that about half of the 30 million accounts are gold and get 400 points each, that's $75 Million Dollars worth of points.

Next time you say they're cheap, do the math before you open your mouth.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#23yanksfan4247Posted 4/17/2013 3:26:26 PM
400msp and I didn't have to do s---.

Japan leggo!
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#24Deathx113Posted 4/17/2013 3:33:10 PM
I have japanese accounts...

Hm, silver accounts get money too?

So... if I make 1,000 silver accounts I'll get 30,000 MS points? :D
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#25Ginsu VictimPosted 4/17/2013 5:36:34 PM
Deathx113 posted...
I have japanese accounts...

Hm, silver accounts get money too?

So... if I make 1,000 silver accounts I'll get 30,000 MS points? :D

It wouldn't be a code, so it would be 30 per account. Pretty useless.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#26kingwutuguPosted 4/17/2013 5:41:02 PM
Hagan posted...
Too bad starcraft 2 isn't on xbox

fixed
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#27GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/17/2013 6:34:03 PM
Thought South Korea was the starcraft haven?
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#28nonexistingheroPosted 4/17/2013 7:12:02 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
The amount of points silver members get is pathetic. Even the Gold members don't get much, 400 is also pretty sad. Should've been like 800 for Gold and 400 for Silver. I doubt the current amount will motivate them to even play more than they regularly do.

Typical of people like you who whine about the low level of points being given out but you never bother to do the damn math. There's more than 70 Million systems sold, and the last I heard there were more than 30 million unique Live accounts.

Just using the 30 point silver amount over 30 million accounts, that's 900 Million points they would be giving out, that's $11.25 Million Dollars worth of points.

Let's say for the hell of it that about half of the 30 million accounts are gold and get 400 points each, that's $75 Million Dollars worth of points.

Next time you say they're cheap, do the math before you open your mouth.

1. No one has any use for a measly 30 points. The complete amount doesn't matter since it's supposed to be an incentive to get people to spend money. But the only thing you can buy with 30 points is a handful of gamerpics. Anyhow, 30 points is them being cheap. It's like a rich guy going around giving away $1 million worth of nickels to 200k different bums... they don't have a use for that little.
2. You're the ignorant one, since this is only for Japanese accounts.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#29BobaFattPosted 4/17/2013 8:04:51 PM
Silver members don't even deserve to play their console. Get a job you moocher. Silver members are so entitled, it's maddening. Why are you entitled to anything because you are silver? I can not wait till they can't play their Xbox's. So nice ^^.

This is by far the most ignorant statement that I have ever read.

Silver members don't even deserve to play their console.

Why, exactly? Because they don't want to pay for something that they don't have to?

Get a job you moocher.

I have a job. One that pays well enough that I can pay for bills, mortgage, a car, insurance, groceries, subscriptions to multiple services and still have enough disposable income to use on whatever entertainment options I desire. I see ads on my dash to resubscribe for $1 for a month, yet I still choose not to because I honestly can't see the point in paying for something I get for free almost everywhere else, regardless of how much or little it may cost, and I was an Xbox LIVE member for over 5 years.

That said, what exactly am I paying for? A couple of apps I'm probably gonna check out maybe once or twice at the most? Netflix, the service I can use for free (besides its own subscription cost) on my phone, PS3, PC and TV itself? Facebook and Twitter, the otherwise completely free things that just about anyone can access on their phone? Browse the Internet, the thing I can do on the PC I'm using now and that phones have been doing for years and that TV's are starting to do now?

I've seen no discernible differences at all in online quality between 360/PS3/PC. Of the three, not one option has proven to be any better or worse than the other. Maybe you're so poor that you can only afford one console or your parents made you choose one or the other and you're trying to justify your choice by lashing out at others?

I can not wait till they can't play their Xbox's. So nice ^^.

Again, why? It's not like they can play online with you now, so what makes you so entitled as to not allow them access to their own console when you won't see or play with them anyways? Do you hold yourself in higher regard just because you choose to pay for something that you don't necessarily have to and others choose not to? Do you believe yourself to be better than them because you choose to pay for the "privilege" to play online while they can do it for free if they own another system (and if they don't, probably don't care about online anyway)?

The blind loyalty people have nowadays is simply astounding. I'm a gamer, pure and simple. I hold no loyalty toward any system. The only loyalty I have is to the medium, not the system it's played on. I both play and like the exclusives both consoles have to offer, and nine times out of ten, it's a coin flip for which system I will buy a multiplatform game on, unless it is a game I know for sure I'm going to play online. Only then I will exclude the 360, because again, what incentive do I have to pay for something I can get for free elsewhere? To call yourself a gamer (especially if you call yourself a "hardcore" gamer), yet confine yourself to only one system and refute any other just baffles me. I honestly don't see any valid reason from any side for choosing one over the other.
---
"Meaning" is the sum of the lies we tell ourselves to make our lives seem worth it.
#30CourtofOwlsPosted 4/17/2013 8:31:30 PM
BreadGolem posted...
Silver members don't even deserve to play their console. Get a job you moocher. Silver members are so entitled, it's maddening. Why are you entitled to anything because you are silver? I can not wait till they can't play their Xbox's. So nice ^^.

because there's a very good chance i've spent a whole helluvalot more money than you so their system is backwards?

xbl gold memeber that only buys cod/halo/gears/madden...like 5 games a year = benefits
silver memeber that buys 5 games a month = treated like crap cause they don't play online

of course i had the good sense to switch to pc quite a while ago and barely buy anything on the 360 anymore