This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console is louder....

#1zeuscatPosted 4/17/2013 7:34:39 PM
I've had my slim coming up to 2 years now and lately the console is making much louder noises than before. I remember it being pretty quiet before, honestly never really remember hearing it unless I was installing a disc or booting up certain games.

Has anyone else had this happen? Does it go away? Is it dying?

This is all based in starting the console and playing arcade or Netflix. No disc spinning at all.
---
"What is this!? A center for ants???"
- Derek Zoolander
#2CapwnDPosted 4/17/2013 8:36:49 PM(edited)
Take the disc out when doing things in the dash or with apps.

I hate that a game that is installed spins when in the dashboard.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#3zeuscat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 9:04:31 PM
Really? Ok I'll try that. Doesn't make sense why it would spin when it's doing nothing but ill give it a go.
---
- Derek Zoolander
#4CapwnDPosted 4/17/2013 9:08:02 PM
why it would spin when it's doing nothing

Exactly. I don't know.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5KalibakPosted 4/18/2013 6:38:52 AM
Yup... Some discs make a horrible sound while "sitting" in the disc drive. Just remember to remove the disc when done with the game & you should avoid that annoyance.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 4/18/2013 6:41:04 AM
Some disks are made slightly asymetrical or just slightly warped so they vibrate when being read. It's nothing that can damage the disk or the console, but it just makes a racket.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7zeuscat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:36:25 AM
Ok. Tested this a few times. It's not the disc. It's
Empty and loud. I even kept tray open and it still makes a loud noise. Constant. Annoying.

I'm just worried its gonna die. I've gone through so many consoles and at this late in the cycle I couldn't justify buying a new Xbox 360.
---
- Derek Zoolander
#8zeuscat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:44:30 PM
Bump any other ideas?
---
- Derek Zoolander
#9OCRAZYGunPosted 4/23/2013 10:04:38 PM
Take a can of compressed air to the vents? Maybe extreme dust is giving it problems.
---
Sent from my iPhone 4S via PowerGuides 1.10
#10zeuscat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:09:28 PM
Yeah I've done that and did it again. It seems to run fine. And the noise goes away after a long period of time. Like after the first hour I couldn't hear it anymore.

I was just hoping it would last for gta5
---
- Derek Zoolander