This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bing rewards ?

#31NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/18/2013 4:01:49 PM
The Top Crusader posted...
...out of curiosity for those who HAVE had an account banned... is it simply banned from Bing Rewards or will MS kill a Hotmail or Outlook account completely? I might stop using my primary email account if they might axe it entirely. >_>

They disable earning or redeeming points on that account, rendering it useless. And using the search bots is the fastest way to get banned.

How do you use search bots?
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#32Gurn BlanstonPosted 4/18/2013 4:06:51 PM
Too much of a hassle to get less than 400 points a month, I said f*** it. Having to send emails to remind them to redeem my points got real old real fast.
#33ssjtrunk1Posted 4/18/2013 4:44:16 PM
I use 10 facebook account that I hacked
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#34TheBlueStigPosted 4/18/2013 4:57:35 PM
Gurn Blanston posted...
Too much of a hassle to get less than 400 points a month, I said f*** it. Having to send emails to remind them to redeem my points got real old real fast.

Last month I redeemed over 4000 points for just one month, this month will be even more because they bumped my daily search credits up to 30 a day on 4 out of 5 accounts. From the beginning of April I'm already sitting on 900+ points.

In just over a year I've redeemed just under $400 in points, 3 free months of gold, and entered a few contests.

Maybe instead of being impatient you should have stuck with it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#35rekyohaPosted 4/18/2013 5:33:17 PM
The Top Crusader posted...
...out of curiosity for those who HAVE had an account banned... is it simply banned from Bing Rewards or will MS kill a Hotmail or Outlook account completely? I might stop using my primary email account if they might axe it entirely. >_>

Me. Had 5 accounts banned a while ago so I stuck to one but I'm about to make a 2nd.
---
It's the 2nd best thing you can do by yourself- Tom, GT-SunbakedStone3 http://myanimelist.net/profile/sonictoryuiai
#36randomweirdoPosted 4/18/2013 5:45:07 PM
TBD2009 posted...
IThe second, and it's basically the same darn thing, is to "Get 5 Credits when you make Bing! your default Search Engine!" reward. It's the same exact thing as the home page reward. It only works on Internet Explorer (the links don't even show up on Chrome or Firefox), and most of the time, you have to look in the little rewards drop-down menu that appears when you click on your name on any Bing webpage.

Actually, they will show in Firefox. I see them all the time in Firefox because Bing thinks I have something else set. Might depend on version of Firefox though, I use a really old version.
#37TBD2009Posted 4/19/2013 2:23:35 AM
randomweirdo posted...
TBD2009 posted...
IThe second, and it's basically the same darn thing, is to "Get 5 Credits when you make Bing! your default Search Engine!" reward. It's the same exact thing as the home page reward. It only works on Internet Explorer (the links don't even show up on Chrome or Firefox), and most of the time, you have to look in the little rewards drop-down menu that appears when you click on your name on any Bing webpage.

Actually, they will show in Firefox. I see them all the time in Firefox because Bing thinks I have something else set. Might depend on version of Firefox though, I use a really old version.

Hmmm... that's actually handy to know. I rarely use FIrefox (my Netbook I use for doing Bing really, really hates anything other than Chrome), so it might have just been the version I was using. So... that just means Chrome is the only one that won't let you set your homepage/search engine for the extra credits.