This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360/USB Problem.. Please Help!

#1Smakface13Posted 4/18/2013 8:24:14 AM
Okay, first off, I'm using an 8GB USB (FAT32) to watch videos on my 360. I have been doing using this USB for this for about 6 months now. Last night I put some episodes on there, and when I plugged it into my Xbox it says No Videos Found.

Now, when I plugged it back into my computer, the videos were erased and replaced by a folder I can't access which is only named with an arrow pointing up and down, and a blank file named C.

So I reformatted it again to FAT32, put the videos back on there.. I plugged the usb into the tv in my living room, the videos work fine. I put it in the 360, No Videos Found, and the files are erased once again and replaced on the computer.

This has happened four times so far. I checked for errors, reformatted again, and now it still says No Videos Found on the 360, but the video files are still present on my computer.

I use this every single day and it is really pissing me off because I can't figure out what to do now. If anyone can offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
---
"Look at him christen! If that were me I would have broken the bottle!"
#2pothocketPosted 4/18/2013 8:26:12 AM
No clue but how far is the 360 from the computer? Have you considered just directly hooking the two up?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3Smakface13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:30:19 AM
Too far for that, it's up a floor. I know about directly hooking them up and Windows Media Centre but I just want to fix this USB because I always bring movies over to my friend's place.
---
#4pothocketPosted 4/18/2013 8:32:11 AM
I would try a second USB before doing anything because that will eliminate some stuff right off the bat if it recreates the same error.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5TheBlueStigPosted 4/18/2013 8:33:00 AM
Clear the cache and find out how to reset the system to factory defaults and let it redownload the system update.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6Smakface13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 8:53:12 AM
Thanks, I'll try that. I always forget about the cache
---
#7TheBlueStigPosted 4/18/2013 8:54:15 AM
Also try a different USB port on the 360, you could have a bad port.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8NeVaRmoorePosted 4/18/2013 8:58:05 AM
pothocket posted...
I would try a second USB before doing anything because that will eliminate some stuff right off the bat if it recreates the same error.

This. A properly FAT32 formatted drive should not have files deleted by xbox 360 as the 360 sees it in read only mode with no write access.

TheBlueStig posted...
Clear the cache and find out how to reset the system to factory defaults and let it redownload the system update.

Ridiculous.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 4/18/2013 9:01:43 AM
NeVaRmoore posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Something is obviously corrupted when the 360 is blanking the USB drive every time.
---
Ben Franklin
#10NeVaRmoorePosted 4/18/2013 9:06:58 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Something is obviously corrupted when the 360 is blanking the USB drive every time.

"Clear the cache" is a buzz phrase. Supposedly an all encompassing solution to xbox 360 issues that rarely ever solves anything. Instead, use Occam's razor. The simplest solution would be a fault with the usb drive.