This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360/USB Problem.. Please Help!

#1195_EclipsePosted 4/18/2013 10:10:41 AM
NeVaRmoore posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Clear the cache and find out how to reset the system to factory defaults and let it redownload the system update.

Ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Something is obviously corrupted when the 360 is blanking the USB drive every time.

"Clear the cache" is a buzz phrase. Supposedly an all encompassing solution to xbox 360 issues that rarely ever solves anything. Instead, use Occam's razor. The simplest solution would be a fault with the usb drive.

Sounds to me like you need to clear your cache, it will reduce your anger levels a bit. I suggest buying something for 599 US dollars and attacking its weak point for massive damage until it gets RRoD.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#12NeVaRmoorePosted 4/18/2013 10:16:04 AM
I'm not angry. lol
#13Darkest_EvilPosted 4/18/2013 10:48:24 AM
simple answer is your usb stick is not properly supported by the 360
I had the same problem buying lexar memory sticks 8 gigs 2 for 10$ on boxing day
Both work well in my pc but when i use them in my 360 the second the power is off they erase everything

Take them back and get SANDISK CRUZER
Its the best usb memory sticks for the xbox and they are easy to find at walmart
8gig, 16 gig, 32gig... mind you 32 gig is really like 20 gig since xbox can't properly support it.

Again if you can find another solution go right ahead.. but i ran into the same problem and SANDISK is the best best.
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#14Smakface13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:01:04 AM
Darkest_Evil posted...
I had the same problem buying lexar memory sticks 8 gigs 2 for 10$ on boxing day
Both work well in my pc but when i use them in my 360 the second the power is off they erase everything

Its the best usb memory sticks for the xbox and they are easy to find at walmart
8gig, 16 gig, 32gig... mind you 32 gig is really like 20 gig since xbox can't properly support it.

Again if you can find another solution go right ahead.. but i ran into the same problem and SANDISK is the best best.

That would be the problem if the USB wasn't working in my 360, but I have been using it for months, and both ports are fine.. I have to wait for my cousin to get back to try my other usb.
---
"Look at him christen! If that were me I would have broken the bottle!"
#15Smakface13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:09:47 AM
Smakface13 posted...
Darkest_Evil posted...

That would be the problem if the USB wasn't working in my 360, but I have been using it for months, and both ports are fine.. I have to wait for my cousin to get back to try my other usb.

Also tried the ports on the back.. I just can't figure out why it would suddenly stop working as it was perfectly fine yesterday morning.
---
"Look at him christen! If that were me I would have broken the bottle!"
#16NeVaRmoorePosted 4/18/2013 11:11:55 AM
It's possible the drive has gone bad. Especially if it's seen a lot of use.
#17Super CreaturesPosted 4/19/2013 11:37:52 PM
Darkest_Evil posted...

Couldn't possibly have to do with the fact that a 32GB (as advertised) device does not actually have 32GB of capacity, would it?

Just like how that 8GB device is actually only a 7.44GB (or somewhere around that) device, and that 16GB device really only has a capacity of somewhere between 14GB and 15GB?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.