This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the wireless Microsoft mic any good?

#1tadashii18Posted 4/18/2013 8:10:36 PM
Was thinking about buying one since all I have right now to use is my Kinect sadly

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FMLXW2/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AYLHZI8JBR9AZ
---
"Only fools believe in the goddess' ways." Lightning, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Pokemon Black 2 FC:[Derrick] - [3783 6998 1893]
#2JRS511Posted 4/18/2013 9:17:53 PM
It's ok. Gets uncomfortable as hell after a while though.
---
"Life owes you nothing. You owe yourself everything."
-Corey Taylor
#3TBD2009Posted 4/19/2013 2:19:26 AM
As someone who has had one for nearly five years, I can tell you that It has it's cons, and it's pros...

Pros:
+Decent battery life. Seriously, I can be online talking to friends in party chat for well over eight hours on a full charge.
+Acceptable recharge time. It tends to take around six or more hours for it to fully charge... easily handled by just charging while asleep.
+Has "decent" range. I can be two rooms over from my Xbox 360, and still remain connected without issue.
+Decent audio quality. I am hard of hearing, and the wired microphones make it VERY hard for me to hear people clearly. That's not the case on the wireless.

Cons:
-Sometimes randomly decides to desync with the console. Meaning you end up with people talking through your TV/Stereo while it resyncs.
-Sometimes completely spazzs the f*** out, and not only desyncs, but won't resync without manually using the "sync" buttons.
-If you step out of range of the console, you will cut in and out horribly until you return to console range.
-If you set your headset down (without muting it), it makes tends to make an ungodly amount of echo for the party... or it screeches.
-Excessive muting/unmuting can cause the headset to produce the godawful screeching sound for the entire party, without you knowing it.
-Depending on how well you place the earpiece, it WILL fall off of your head. Don't use while in the loo.
-Depending on how well you placed the microphone, people might have trouble hearing you.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think it was a decent purchase... 60$USD, and it's lasted me five years? And I've only ever had problems with it a few times? That's better than I can say for the three wired microphones I've burned through.
#4RockguyKevPosted 4/19/2013 6:44:39 AM
I love mine. I agree with the comfort issue but it is easy to switch ears.
#5AWarAmp84Posted 4/19/2013 6:51:23 AM
I personally don't like using mine at all. I swear there are times where I'm talking and no one can hear me which gets annoying as hell. If I could actually trust it to work 100% of the time then it'd be great. Instead, I'm forced to use my old white wireless headset.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6TwinmoldPosted 4/19/2013 7:47:20 AM
It's awful.

It's very uncomfortable to wear due to the way it tightly hangs on your ear.

It also gets feedback from pretty much anything. Expect to hear a lot of people shouting at you to mute your mic. I've owned 2 and both of them had that problem.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf