This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A question about the Dark Souls series and the hate for an easy mode option

#21stawg007Posted 4/19/2013 3:06:53 PM
You'll still have that gruelling game and constant dying in the normal mode which means nothing is being taken away from you and the various other fans that want the previous games difficulty

Crying about extra options, my god, gamers really will ***** and moan about anything they can these days
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#22darkharePosted 4/19/2013 3:17:49 PM
the simple answer is, that the ppl that want the game to have a easy mode are the same ppl that complain about not liking the game. the people that like the game, like it atlest in part because of its difficulty. and the dev team said that they would never add a easy mode to the series anyways.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#23NeVaRmoorePosted 4/19/2013 3:24:26 PM
darkhare posted...
the simple answer is, that the ppl that want the game to have a easy mode are the same ppl that complain about not liking the game. the people that like the game, like it atlest in part because of its difficulty. and the dev team said that they would never add a easy mode to the series anyways.

Nah. Maybe people that want an easy mode are part time gamers that want to enjoy the world and characters of the game but don't have the time to grind away and die a million times.
#24GGearXPosted 4/19/2013 3:26:18 PM
stawg007 posted...
You'll still have that gruelling game and constant dying in the normal mode which means nothing is being taken away from you and the various other fans that want the previous games difficulty

Crying about extra options, my god, gamers really will ***** and moan about anything they can these days

It ISNT about the difficulty that I'm worried about. Its the fact that there are 2 modes. And since the online part of it requires people of the same skill to connect, it would split the fanbase in half which would destroy the longetivity of the online portion of the game. I am not going to play easy mode just to help some guy who wants to coop a boss on easy, because of was to hard for him.
Its too much effort .

The ONLY way an easy mode and hard mode would work was if they stripped the easy mode of online.

Brb I need to fix my spelling and stuff . Damn pony.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#25NeVaRmoorePosted 4/19/2013 3:30:38 PM
GGearX posted...
stawg007 posted...

It ISNT about the difficulty that I'm worried about. Its the fact that there are 2 modes. And since the online part of it requires people of the same skill to connect, it would split the fanbase in half which would destroy the longetivity of the online portion of the game. I am not going to play easy mode just to help some guy who wants to coop a boss on easy, because of was to hard for him.
Its too much effort .

The ONLY way an easy mode and hard mode would work was if they stripped the easy mode of online.

OR, and I know this is crazy but hear me out. They could fix the player match system and only match people playing on the same difficulty. *gasp*
#26GGearXPosted 4/19/2013 3:33:15 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
GGearX posted...
stawg007 posted...

Its too much effort .

OR, and I know this is crazy but hear me out. They could fix the player match system and only match people playing on the same difficulty. *gasp*

Which would split the online community in half..... which is a problem...

Online in dark souls wouldn't have lasted this long if there was an easy mode and a hard mode.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#27darkharePosted 4/19/2013 3:34:07 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
darkhare posted...

Nah. Maybe people that want an easy mode are part time gamers that want to enjoy the world and characters of the game but don't have the time to grind away and die a million times.

Darksouls isnt the kind of game that you have to put in 6-8hr play sessions in order to get somewhere in it like a mmo, i played through the whole game and never played it for longer than a hour and a half at one time.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#28buddhamonsterPosted 4/19/2013 3:35:29 PM
stawg007 posted...

Again, why would the developers make the game easy, when from day one the plan was to make it very challenging? Why strive for accessibility when your original goal was a steep learning curve?

The DEVELOPERS feel as though an easy mode fundamentally breaks the game. They are PROUD to make the game not accessible to everyone.

You say stick to their roots then turn around and say they should make an easy mode. Well hate to burst your bubble, but those are contradictory ideas.

Sorry if expressing the desires and explaining the mindset of the developers makes me come off as whiny, but that's why the game is the way it is.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#29NeVaRmoorePosted 4/19/2013 3:39:49 PM
GGearX posted...
NeVaRmoore posted...
GGearX posted...
stawg007 posted...

Its too much effort .

Which would split the online community in half..... which is a problem...

Online in dark souls wouldn't have lasted this long if there was an easy mode and a hard mode.

Take into account that if you expand the options you expand the online community. In theory at least.

Hate to throw the buzz game in the mix but Call Of Duty has plenty of users spread across multiple modes and degrees of online difficulty. And it works.
#30tracazoidPosted 4/19/2013 3:54:47 PM(edited)
I'm fine with them adding a new mode if it doesn't impede the development of the main game. Build it around normal mode and just scale it down for easy and I would be fine with that as long as the normal mode isn't altered for it. So long as they have the time for it, that's the main thing. So long as they have time.

Yet on the other side of the matter I am of the opinion that Dark Souls isn't nearly as hard as people give it credit for, follow the games rules and learn the mechanics like parrying(keep your shield up, dodge magic/aoe attacks, parry, kill) and the game is rather simple and even easy at times with plenty of bigger bosses like Queelag/Seath having blind spots where the melee can't hit you for the most part if you basically hug them then you dodge the AOE and rinse and repeat to win. Hydra, raise shield, win. The last real challenge of the game for me was Ornstien and Smough and after that the game was rather easy although I haven't touched the Prepare to Die content so that may be harder, yet after them all the bosses were easy adding up to the final boss who was pathetically easy, the easiest in the game even if you learned how to Parry.

So while I don't consider the game overly hard by any means if they have the time and resources to add it without screwing with the main game I'm okay with it. The only real issue I could see it splitting the community between the two modes which plenty will not like.