This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bayonetta early-game enthusiasm issues - suggestions?

#11ukokira1Posted 4/19/2013 2:12:19 PM
houghmanady posted...
By "fighting with" me, I mean "fighting alongside" me.

Unless I'm mis-remembering it, she hung around for a bit of the prologue, too. (I saved and quit at the screen leading into Chapter 1, so maybe I'm just a moron who was somehow watching an enemy instead of myself.

Yeah. Thats the only time you have someone helping you fight unless you use special asscesories for the Little devils and I think Queen Styx. The rest should be enemies that very clearly contrast from Bayonetta.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#12velvet_hammerPosted 4/19/2013 2:18:49 PM(edited)
If your having these type of issues in the prologue your not going to make it very far.. Only the very opening scene the camera is all crazy but you dont even have an HP bar at that point..

Beaten this game more times then I can count.. Its really a must if you want to see, do and get everything.. Game doesnt really even start until play through 2

---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#13foodeater4Posted 4/19/2013 2:18:23 PM
I actually thought Bayonettas story was pretty good. Why would you skip the cutscenes? That would be like skipping every other chapter in a book or watching only half a tv show.

But its also an action game and for me action games are usualy the hardest to get into. Most time you can mash the same few combos over and over and win and theres really no incentive to learn the entire combat system, cause its not a fighting game and Im fighting stupid AI all the time.
#14houghmanady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:19:35 PM
I have no intention of skipping any cutscenes. It'd just be nice to hear that, once introductions are mostly made, I spend more time playing than watching.
#15StarGoyPosted 4/19/2013 2:22:14 PM
You gotta play it specifically for the joy of combat, acid jazz, and screwed-up nonsensical angel mythos.

Some of my friends who couldn't go the distance with it expected enlightening or gripping dialogue to lubricate the game. The mechanics were fine, but they hated the aesthetics/atmosphere. Seems like a common factor.
#16houghmanady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:24:49 PM
Interesting point, Stargoy. That may well be my undoing. We'll see.
#17GamerSantaPosted 4/19/2013 2:34:58 PM
Bayonetta is one of the only games I have ever played that was completely flawless (unless you are using the PS3).

If you are having trouble following the game, you should probably stop. The rest of the game only gets crazier, faster, and more stylish so if you can't even keep your eyes on the main character, this game is probably going to be too fast for you.

The cutscenes are only really heavy in the beginning of the game. Even the ending has less cutscenes than the beginning.

I still haven't played Far Cry 3 but I did beat Infinite. Infinite left me a bit disappointed with its endgame but Bayonetta exceeded my expectations and then kept going. The story isn't as deep as Infinite but the gameplay is what every action game could ever dream of being.

Honestly, the only sad thing that Bayonetta does is end. It has a lot of replay value but it is one of the best video game experiences this generation.
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#18NeVaRmoorePosted 4/19/2013 2:38:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19houghmanady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:40:26 PM
Hey, man, I'm glad you got that much out of it. That's more or less how I felt about Far Cry 3, when I finally got to the end. And I thought Infinite started strongly, sagged a bit in the middle, then ended magnificently.

At the moment they're the co-frontrunners for my GOTY (yeah, I know one of them came out in December, but my criteria is tied to what year I play them, which is how Bayonetta would be in contention for 2013 as well).

I sincerely hope I can get into Bayonetta. Sounds like some of you folks had a real blast with it.
#20StarGoyPosted 4/22/2013 2:57:09 PM(edited)
GamerSanta posted...
Bayonetta is one of the only games I have ever played that was completely flawless (unless you are using the PS3).

The combat and game-world are pure perfection. Responsive, swift, pretty, and powerful. One of those rare games I'll never tire of.