This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bayonetta early-game enthusiasm issues - suggestions?

#21SierraReiPosted 4/22/2013 3:02:33 PM
Oh, yes. The falling clocktower scene is a complete cluster**** and the camera makes no effort to follow you. It's why it doesn't score you and you have infinite health.

The games has lots of cutscenes all the way through, though they get a bit shorter as the game goes on, and become less HAHA AIN'T THIS CAMPY? and more... actually plot-like.

The gameplay probably picks up around Burning Vigrid. I definitely suggest grabbing the air dodge as early as possibly, by the way.
#22NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/22/2013 4:02:45 PM
I thought too the game got too chaotic to follow your charterer sometimes as well. Especially with the faster characters & particle heavy attacks.
Story is hot garabge & there isn't much to the level design.

The only reason to play it is the combat. You'll get a few new weapons early on in the game & the combat becomes a lot more fun.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#23houghmanady(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 2:34:30 PM
Okay. It's obvious to me that my issue was mostly with the prologue's crazy camera and with how easily I was tricked into following the other gal who fights alongside you during the prologue.

Because it all clicked for me soon after. I'm now through Chapter 9 and enjoying it just as I did the DMC reboot.

Thanks for the tips, all. I'm in.
#24ukokira1Posted 4/23/2013 9:09:42 PM
houghmanady posted...
Okay. It's obvious to me that my issue was mostly with the prologue's crazy camera and with how easily I was tricked into following the other gal who fights alongside you during the prologue.

Because it all clicked for me soon after. I'm now through Chapter 9 and enjoying it just as I did the DMC reboot.

Thanks for the tips, all. I'm in.

Interesting fact: Bayonetta takes place in the DMC universe (The original series and not the alternate continuity)
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.