This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop Trade In Values

#11rockyoumonkeysPosted 4/20/2013 9:20:48 AM
Portal 2 and Borderlands 2 aren't going to net you much. Maybe $5 and $10 respectively.

If you're going to trade stuff in to Gamestop, make absolutely sure they have another promotion going on, where you get an extra $10 for every three games or something like that.

Otherwise, it's just not even close to worth it. Use ebay.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#12Robin_MaskPosted 4/20/2013 9:33:37 AM
Borderlands 2 got me $22 oddly enough.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#13TheBeastWithinPosted 4/20/2013 9:46:47 AM
If you trade at Best Buy you can check the values online, which tend to be higher than GS if there's no promotion going on. You will also have a bigger selection of stuff to spend store credit on, obviously.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#14Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 4/20/2013 11:35:59 AM
TheBeastWithin posted...
If you trade at Best Buy you can check the values online, which tend to be higher than GS if there's no promotion going on. You will also have a bigger selection of stuff to spend store credit on, obviously.

Alot of ppl don't like to trade in games in best buy though since it's so akward to do.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#15flame030191Posted 4/20/2013 11:43:25 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...

Alot of ppl don't like to trade in games in best buy though since it's so akward to do.

Also they either give a gift card on the spot, or take 25% off for a check to be mailed to you.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#16Res5Posted 4/20/2013 11:44:50 AM
Rule number 1 with Gamestop: Never trade games in. Sell them to people you know. You'll get a decent price for it instead of 10% of what the game is actually selling for on their shelves.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#17Silent Sniper IVPosted 4/20/2013 12:11:01 PM
Res5 posted...
Rule number 1 with Gamestop: Never trade games in. Sell them to people you know. You'll get a decent price for it instead of 10% of what the game is actually selling for on their shelves.

No, rule #1 is to only trade in games that have devalued to under $5 whenever they have a "trade 3, get $10 extra" promo going on. I've gotten better prices that way than ebay/amazon, but it really depends on the games being so common and cheap that the market is flooded with them.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned