This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are you paying for?

#21SunDevil77Posted 4/20/2013 5:35:01 AM
CapwnD posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

What did you get moderated for?

Probably for calling a troll a troll.

With the relaxed TOS, the trolls can troll but board regulars can't tell them what douchebags the trolls are because we get modded.

I got modded for saying that I was paying for his sister.

Kind of silly how a lighthearted joke gets modded, and a topic clearly bashing Xbox fans stays
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#22HykCraftPosted 4/20/2013 6:47:57 AM
jamtoast44 posted...
COKE2 posted...
A service that doesn't get hacked.

Microsoft was hacked like a month or two ago......

It wasn't hacked. It was a DDOS attack. Do your research.
---
www.twitch.tv/hykcraft
#23VeliconisPosted 4/20/2013 6:52:42 AM
I am suddenly reminded of that scene from Megaman X4 with Zero: "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!"

What am I paying for? Something that I deem worth paying for despite what others may think.

I don't dabble in that stupid nonsense about PS3/PC's online play being free. I have all 3 and game online on all 3. Do I care that I have to pay for a service on one to play online? Nope. I feel I get my money's worth and that's all that matters to me.

Remember: It's an option to pay for it. You're not forced to pay for it. If you don't want to take up that option, you've got two other options that you can make use of, which are the PS3 and PC.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#24UrbanMessiahPosted 4/20/2013 7:08:41 AM
Hmmm....perhaps you can answer that yourself when Sony implements their plan to charge for PSN with the PS4.
---
FACT:Gamefaqs logic says you're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything."
#25LanternOfAshPosted 4/20/2013 7:32:14 AM
shadowscreed posted...
COKE2 posted...

LOL! it might of happened we just dont know it. the servers did go offline. CORRECT.:) i am not a hater on XBOX but ask your self what u are paying for and o...yes i new someone would of brought that up. :P

if you dident know this is a messge from hackers to XBOX360 users. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAPJNlYtkA

Oh god, you don't know the difference between hacking into the servers and a DDOS attack? So, you new here or do you just shove your fingers in your ears a lot?
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#26flame030191Posted 4/20/2013 7:37:47 AM
jamtoast44 posted...
COKE2 posted...

Microsoft was hacked like a month or two ago......

Microsoft gets hacked a lot.

Dec '07 XBL was completely shut down to it, and from '08-'10, the Marketplace was hacked multiple times to get free games.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#27grizzmoePosted 4/20/2013 7:50:13 AM
well im sure this totally original topic will get responses never before typed on this board
#28GeistPosted 4/20/2013 8:14:02 AM
I am paying for MS's form of party chat that allows me to talk, game, watch flicks, and just hang with friends who have moved far far away. That is enough for me.
---
Currently playing : Terraria
#29CapwnDPosted 4/20/2013 8:16:36 AM
Dec '07 XBL was completely shut down to it, and from '08-'10, the Marketplace was hacked multiple times to get free games.

I can't tell if this guy is trolling or if he really is this clueless.

Wait I forgot.... this is the land where these usual trolls are both trolls and clueless.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#30TheBlueStigPosted 4/20/2013 8:30:05 AM
shadowscreed posted...
a online service that you already bought. ( PC and PS3 online for free )

fentflix you already bought. ( you have to have the gold to use it. PC and PS3 you dont )

SO WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR OTHER THAN PARTY CHAT? ( PC and PS3 have other fuctions to do so )

AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?

Policed online play, gets rid of and bans jackass players who deliberately make things miserable for other players by cheating, griefing, mic spamming, and stat boosting.

Far fewer maintenance downtimes than the competition.

Game servers remain online longer than the competition.

Party Chat.

Weekly deals and sales to save money, combined with XBL Rewards and Bing Rewards to get free points/games from.

Overall a far better and more stable online experience.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin