This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is my Xbox tripping out, and other random questions.

#1MrDeadeyezPosted 4/19/2013 6:34:42 PM
Just gonna cram a bunch of generic crap in one topic.

The little power symbol on my jasper unit xbox has been blinking like a strobe light all day. Is it gonna explode? Never seen it do that before. I tried turning it off and restarting it, but it still blinks.

My buddy has a newer version of the xbox, and I've noticed some extreme differences between the Internet Explorer and Netflix apps between his unit and my own. On his Netflix, when a movie is highlighted, it expands and plays a preview of the movie or tv show, and mine doesn't. And with Internet Explorer, mine takes significant amounts of time to load a single page, whereas his is almost instant and does not have the weird hiccup freeze that mine does whenever loading anything. I've tried deleting both apps and redownloading them, but the differences remain. Any reason for this? My connection is faster than his, so is the inner hardware completely different on the newer model?

Any good kinect games besides Fruit Ninja? At this point, al I use the thing for is drunkenly mumbling Bing searches at it and laughing at the results.

My disc drive is borked. Is it worth it to get it fixed by a local dealer, or should I send it in?

I'm aware I should just buy a new xbox. I'm not made of money, though.
---
The one redeeming hope for Batarians is that they actually get their money's worth when they go to a buy one get one free sale at Lenscrafters.--PinkFloydman73
#2doodles40Posted 4/19/2013 6:37:23 PM
Sorry your 360 is tripping out. I have to admit, it's my fault. I hid some acid in the disk tray and it ate the acid.

My bad. I'll find a better place to hide it next time ;)
#3ZDT_LeaderPosted 4/19/2013 6:38:46 PM
Trade it in at gamestop.

You can get at least 100 credit for it maybe more. Then use it towards either a new or used with a warranty.

That's what I did when mine died.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#4MrDeadeyez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 11:42:15 PM
If anyone cares, turns out it was tripping out because it wasn't registering the disc tray. After fored ejects multiple times I was able to get it to stop blinking.

My other questions still stand. lol
---
The one redeeming hope for Batarians is that they actually get their money's worth when they go to a buy one get one free sale at Lenscrafters.--PinkFloydman73
#5TBD2009Posted 4/20/2013 1:56:37 AM
I'm on a 2009 January Jasper model (the RE5 Elite bundle), and never had any of the issues you're describing... no issues with my disc tray (ergo no "strobe light"), my Netflix (when I was Gold) expanded the "Box Art" to show a little preview screen-grab from the show/movie (which I wish it DIDN'T do, since I found it annoying when trying to check for the expiration dates on programs)... and IE never ran slowly for me... pages weren't exactly "instantly loaded" (depending on the page... stuff like Google and Gamefaqs were nearly instantly loaded)... but I never had trouble.

And as someone who refuses to have a Kinect, or it's games, I can't give you any recommendations.

Good luck with your machine... it's likely being haunted by a Class II roaming spectre, or maybe even a Class III possessor.
#6JoboHotepPosted 4/20/2013 3:23:11 AM
TBD2009 posted...
Good luck with your machine... it's likely being haunted by a Class II roaming spectre, or maybe even a Class III possessor.

You forgot about the Class II non-coporeal repeater.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#7NemerlightPosted 4/20/2013 4:59:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]