This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Backwards compatibility problem

#1Son Of SpamPosted 4/20/2013 9:34:54 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble getting some original Xbox games to run. I have a phat 360 with an official 60GB HDD, and I'm on the latest dashboard. I tried games like Halo, Halo 2, and Star Wars Kotor, and they worked, but when I tried ESPN NFL 2k5 and Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, they refused to load. I got this error.

X:5805.0 B:1884.0

I've checked the backwards compatibility list and both of those games are on that list. I also looked at the discs themselves and they look to be in good condition. Both my system and my games are the North American versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#2glassghost0Posted 4/20/2013 9:38:58 AM
Sure you have the right region? Otherwise idk
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3cymanxPosted 4/20/2013 12:51:27 PM
Son Of Spam posted...
I've been having a lot of trouble getting some original Xbox games to run. I have a phat 360 with an official 60GB HDD, and I'm on the latest dashboard. I tried games like Halo, Halo 2, and Star Wars Kotor, and they worked, but when I tried ESPN NFL 2k5 and Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, they refused to load. I got this error.

X:5805.0 B:1884.0

I've checked the backwards compatibility list and both of those games are on that list. I also looked at the discs themselves and they look to be in good condition. Both my system and my games are the North American versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had heard that there was a download needed to make original games needed to run the old games properly, any confirmation on this?
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#4richdmoorePosted 4/20/2013 1:33:07 PM(edited)
If you are connected online, when you put in any backwards compatible game it should prompt you for an update.
#5Son Of Spam(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 6:13:57 PM
I tried going online, and it didn't have any update to do. At this point I think I will just dig out my old Xbox and go with that. Thanks anyway.