This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any companies you refuse to buy games from?

#1Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 4/20/2013 9:55:45 AM
I used to think it was dumb to boycott a certain company because it kept you from playing great games and supporting the people that made those games but I kinda changed my mind after the Indie scene hit it big.

I refuse to buy anything connected to Phil Fish and Team Meat. I honestly cannot stand any of these people and refuse to help them continue being pompous douche cookies. And before you say it, I did play Fez and Super Meat Boy and they were overhyped garbage. Super Meat Boy was a floaty horribly controlled piece of garbage and Fez was a boring horribly designed piece of garbage.

I will support Capcom, EA, and Activision all damn day because I like some of the games they put out but I would rather give birth to a cactus through my penis before helping Fish and Team Meat
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#2glassghost0Posted 4/20/2013 9:57:06 AM
This is gonna go well.....

Also, f*** Phil Fish
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3ironmaidenfan70Posted 4/20/2013 9:58:05 AM
No cause im not 5
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#4glassghost0Posted 4/20/2013 9:58:31 AM
ironmaidenfan70 posted...
No cause im not 5

---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/20/2013 9:59:56 AM
Bash Fish all you want, he deserves it. But Super Meat Boy is awesome.

And to the topic; no. No matter how bad a company is, they usually put out a damn good game every once in a while. In my humble opinion; I just think it's foolish to boycott a company. I just like to play good games.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#6Awesomely Awesome AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:05:26 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

And to the topic; no. No matter how bad a company is, they usually put out a damn good game every once in a while. In my humble opinion; I just think it's foolish to boycott a company. I just like to play good games.

That's why I don't ignore EA, Capcom, and Activision like most people on the internet do.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#7JascoDPosted 4/20/2013 10:12:17 AM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

That's why I don't ignore EA, Capcom, and Activision like most people on the internet do.

They don't. It's just "cool" to say so.
---
Earn to Die!
#8randomweirdoPosted 4/20/2013 10:27:09 AM
Your point of view there just makes no sense to me. You won't buy Phil Fish's games or Team Meat's games because they are pompous douche cookies, yet you'll buy games from companies that are really no different?

Not saying I have an issue with boycotting, I'm all for speaking with your wallet and not supporting crappy practices or treatment of fans, but why does one company get away with it and another does not?

And on topic, I refuse to buy games from EA. I don't care if I may miss a good game because of it, I cannot justify their heinous practices at all and giving them my money means I support the continuation of them. I would also say Activision, but they haven't even released a game I would want to play., same with Capcom.
#9Killah PriestPosted 4/20/2013 10:27:46 AM
No, but nintendo hasn't made anything worth buying in a very long time.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10flame030191Posted 4/20/2013 10:29:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]