This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys exit the game before turning off the 360 ?

#1Kano92Posted 4/20/2013 11:14:50 AM
Recently I've doing this cause it's just quicker. If I'm in a game and don't want to play any more I just simply hit the guide button and then shut down system. For a long time I would exit the game and go to the Xbox dash then shut down. What method does most gamers are using ? I take it there's no harm shutting down mid game ? thanks
---
Nintendo is to gaming what Nerf is to sports.
#2Res5Posted 4/20/2013 11:22:12 AM
I shut down in the middle of the game. It doesn't do anything and in fact works a machine harder to quit a game first then shut down than to just shut it down which simultaneously shuts down the game too.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#3dnite_mmPosted 4/20/2013 11:27:08 AM
I always exit the game and then shut it down. I'm always afraid that if I shut it off while still in the game, it might corrupt the save.
---
XBL: Lost Boricua - Currently Playing: Gears Of War / Borderlands 2
PSN: LBDnite - Currently Playing: Aliens CM
#4Killah PriestPosted 4/20/2013 11:27:10 AM
I always exit to the dashboard first.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5Vaoris_KlawPosted 4/20/2013 11:27:15 AM
I'll exit to the game's title screen then shut it down.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#6randomweirdoPosted 4/20/2013 11:29:09 AM
Only thing I for sure do is make sure I save first. I actually will do both though, honestly depends on the game.
#7LanternOfAshPosted 4/20/2013 11:29:17 AM
90% of the time I just shut off.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#8Res5Posted 4/20/2013 11:29:55 AM
dnite_mm posted...
I always exit the game and then shut it down. I'm always afraid that if I shut it off while still in the game, it might corrupt the save.

As long as you don't see a "saving, don't turn off the console" or some sort of save icon you won't ever corrupt the save. It's not something that's unpredictable. If you don't see the save icon, there is no chance of corrupting/deleting a savefile.

Or to feel safe you can always exit to the title screen or even just pausing the game where the save function won't activate at all.
---
#9DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/20/2013 11:33:41 AM
dnite_mm posted...

Known to be a glitch with Tomb Raider; it happened to me 3 hours in.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#10Res5Posted 4/20/2013 11:40:52 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
dnite_mm posted...

Known to be a glitch with Tomb Raider; it happened to me 3 hours in.

I should point out that if something like this happens outside of the circumstance I mentioned it's a problem with the programming and more often than not a rare thing. I went through Tomb Raider and never had that problem myself.
---