This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys exit the game before turning off the 360 ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you guys exit the game before turning off the 360 ?
3 years ago#31
cmwmccal posted...
THERE IS NO RISK!!!! Why people waste time quitting to the menu/dashboard is beyond me.

Says you who obviously have never had a corrupt save file because of an interrupted save. Whilst not turning off intentionally, I lost a save due to a console freeze during an auto-save which meant I was forced to turn off.

If you console freezes during an auto save the, yes, it probably will get corrupted because you have to switch the console off. I was referring more to how pointless quitting to the dashboard is; as long as the 'game saving' icon is not on screen, there are absolutely no disadvantages to turning the console off without exiting to the menu/dashboard.
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
3 years ago#32
^ hi Ratlank ^
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
3 years ago#33
Hello. I'm surprised you remember me.
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
3 years ago#34
cmwmccal posted...
THERE IS NO RISK!!!! Why people waste time quitting to the menu/dashboard is beyond me.

Says you who obviously have never had a corrupt save file because of an interrupted save. Whilst not turning off intentionally, I lost a save due to a console freeze during an auto-save which meant I was forced to turn off.

If you console freezes during an auto save the, yes, it probably will get corrupted because you have to switch the console off. I was referring more to how pointless quitting to the dashboard is; as long as the 'game saving' icon is not on screen, there are absolutely no disadvantages to turning the console off without exiting to the menu/dashboard.

Some games save without an icon... like Lords of Shadow.
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
3 years ago#35
Dashboarding during a save would be just as detrimental as shutting down... so that whole "I don't wanna corrupt my save" premise is stupid.
3 years ago#36
cmwmccal posted...
Hello. I'm surprised you remember me.

Photographic memory - you have the same sig.
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
3 years ago#37
Only dashboard if I actually plan to do something on the dashboard.
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
3 years ago#38
I usually exit the game to get to the menu, press the xbox button to take me to the dashboard, remove the disc, and then turn off the console. I try to avoid any save game errors as best I can and I'm not aware of any other way that's safer. Losing a 100 hour Mass Effect profile due to a save file corruption really, really sucks.
3 years ago#39
It depends on the game, some games don't save until you exit out so you're robbing yourself of the final save by exiting out with the guide button.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
3 years ago#40
I always thought it was better on the disk drive to exit to the dashboard and poweroff, instead of powering off while it's still doing it thing.
I love video games : )
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you guys exit the game before turning off the 360 ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived