This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys exit the game before turning off the 360 ?

#31cmwmccalPosted 4/21/2013 3:24:18 AM
cmwmccal posted...
THERE IS NO RISK!!!! Why people waste time quitting to the menu/dashboard is beyond me.

Says you who obviously have never had a corrupt save file because of an interrupted save. Whilst not turning off intentionally, I lost a save due to a console freeze during an auto-save which meant I was forced to turn off.

If you console freezes during an auto save the, yes, it probably will get corrupted because you have to switch the console off. I was referring more to how pointless quitting to the dashboard is; as long as the 'game saving' icon is not on screen, there are absolutely no disadvantages to turning the console off without exiting to the menu/dashboard.
---
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
#32gabriusPosted 4/21/2013 3:38:03 AM
^ hi Ratlank ^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#33cmwmccalPosted 4/21/2013 3:39:34 AM
Hello. I'm surprised you remember me.
---
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
#34DarkSymbiotePosted 4/21/2013 4:15:33 AM
cmwmccal posted...
THERE IS NO RISK!!!! Why people waste time quitting to the menu/dashboard is beyond me.

Says you who obviously have never had a corrupt save file because of an interrupted save. Whilst not turning off intentionally, I lost a save due to a console freeze during an auto-save which meant I was forced to turn off.

If you console freezes during an auto save the, yes, it probably will get corrupted because you have to switch the console off. I was referring more to how pointless quitting to the dashboard is; as long as the 'game saving' icon is not on screen, there are absolutely no disadvantages to turning the console off without exiting to the menu/dashboard.

Some games save without an icon... like Lords of Shadow.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#35Mister_LintonPosted 4/21/2013 4:24:08 AM
Dashboarding during a save would be just as detrimental as shutting down... so that whole "I don't wanna corrupt my save" premise is stupid.
#36gabriusPosted 4/21/2013 4:42:38 AM
cmwmccal posted...
Hello. I'm surprised you remember me.

Photographic memory - you have the same sig.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#37MinunSSPosted 4/21/2013 5:14:17 AM
Only dashboard if I actually plan to do something on the dashboard.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#38gadragodPosted 4/21/2013 5:56:39 AM
I usually exit the game to get to the menu, press the xbox button to take me to the dashboard, remove the disc, and then turn off the console. I try to avoid any save game errors as best I can and I'm not aware of any other way that's safer. Losing a 100 hour Mass Effect profile due to a save file corruption really, really sucks.
#39TheBlueStigPosted 4/21/2013 6:01:13 AM
It depends on the game, some games don't save until you exit out so you're robbing yourself of the final save by exiting out with the guide button.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#40mrhappyguy12345Posted 4/21/2013 6:03:27 AM
I always thought it was better on the disk drive to exit to the dashboard and poweroff, instead of powering off while it's still doing it thing.
---
I love video games : )