This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whatever happened to Earthworm Jim?

#1BBBanks03Posted 4/20/2013 5:16:01 PM
I just fired up Earthworm Jim for the Genesis after not having touched it for years, and man this was an absolute classic. Beautiful graphics and music, some of the best animation ever seen back then, and really awesome and diverse level design. I never really hear people putting it in their "greatest of all time" though, and it's definitely up there for me. Maybe not Top 5, but it would make my top 10 no problem.

Whatever happened to Jim?? I know he had a lousy 3d game that everyone said sucked, but what, he doesn't deserve a second shot? I had thought they were working on an Earthworm Jim 4 for the 360 awhile back, and now....? I hope I'm not the only one missing this guy. Even the show was great!
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2PStrifePosted 4/20/2013 5:18:53 PM
Interplay ran it into the ground with that EWJ3D/64, publishers wern't going to fund their next effort after that.
#3656stoogePosted 4/20/2013 5:20:07 PM
Earthworm Jim and MDK were just too cool for this world.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#4JascoDPosted 4/20/2013 5:27:25 PM
MDK.....wow, talk about ancient history.
---
Earn to Die!
#5TheGm86Posted 4/20/2013 5:29:57 PM
Herve Cean bought Interplay and decided to run every single franchise into the ground.
---
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
TheGM Adventures X: Rondo of Awesome!!!
#6BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 5:33:27 PM
TheGm86 posted...
Herve Cean bought Interplay and decided to run every single franchise into the ground.

Yeah but EJ only got one lousy game, I don't know if that would be enough to really run it into the ground. I think people would love seeing another EJ game, hell at the very least an XBLA title.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#7PStrifePosted 4/20/2013 5:45:44 PM
Digital is as far as it is going to go at this point, like the cancelled PSP game a few years back. Bigger publishers simply will not take the EWJ gamble.
#8RoninShinigamiPosted 4/20/2013 7:15:12 PM
There was an earthworm jim HD game that was put out. I thought it was excellent. Also included a multiplayer option in the game. I would be willing to try it out with ya'll if you decided to pick it up. http://youtu.be/BUIFK53Fyoo
---
XBOX=xRoninShinigami
PSN=Murdarisk
#9SunDevil77Posted 4/20/2013 7:20:59 PM
I dunno, I could definitely use some Jim, and give me some Gex while you're at it!!
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#10kingwutuguPosted 4/20/2013 9:58:17 PM
he went to the Simpsons and never came back.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win