This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whatever happened to Earthworm Jim?

#21Resident WeevilPosted 4/21/2013 11:36:30 AM
Chonic posted...
656stooge posted...
Earthworm Jim and MDK were just too cool for this world.

God, I miss MDK...going to go and have fun with it now after a long time. *Fires up Playstation 1*

Yep. Good times. Btw, Doug TenNappel's next game was Skullmonkeys. Play it.
---
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry
#22656stoogePosted 4/21/2013 7:42:13 PM
Chonic posted...

God, I miss MDK...going to go and have fun with it now after a long time. *Fires up Playstation 1*

You know what? I might do that too. I bought it again off ebay years ago but never got around to finishing it. I did do a couple of playtroughs of the sequel though. While not as good as I remember, it was still fun (last boss sucked for Kurt though).
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#23teehee23Posted 4/21/2013 7:49:14 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
teehee23 posted...
Earthworm Jim HD on XBLA:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Earthworm-Jim-HD/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109e2

How the hell did this game slip past me??!! This looks awesome!!!!

It's a great update and a must have.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#24TBD2009Posted 4/21/2013 10:50:23 PM
Foppe has sufficiently depressed me, by reminding me that we may never have a new Earthworm Jim. It was one of the games that actually pushed me over from being a "Nintendo fan" into the sweet, sexy, embrace of the Sega Megadrive (Phantasy Star had already started me on the path of temptation, before). I even played around with the Mega CD release of Earthworm Jim, when a neighbor let me borrow it.

But... yeah... it's been ages since I played the games on the Mega Drive, and while I have the HD port to XBLA, I haven't had the time to beat it (that, and I've fallen into the: "Urggh!! I want to get these level based achievements, first, before I move on!!!!!" trap).
#25JackBurton85Posted 4/22/2013 1:55:00 AM
One of my fav games of all time(it and the sequel)

It's downright brilliant. AMAZING, incredibly creative level design, fun gameplay, hilarious characters/story, the whole thing is one of the most unique games ever created. Proof that videogames can be art.
#26WhiteBaitKentPosted 4/22/2013 2:02:25 AM
That Earthworm Jim HD reminds me of Jazz the Jackrabbit 2 stage design wise. I'm even hearing some of the same sound effects.
---
shinkuu aruket
#27KCJ5062Posted 4/22/2013 2:18:17 AM
A damn shame so many classic franchises haven't had new games since the 90s.(not including HD remakes) Earthworm Jim, Battletoads, Bubsy, Killer Instinct etc.
#28BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 5:21:53 PM
teehee23 posted...
BBBanks03 posted...
teehee23 posted...
Earthworm Jim HD on XBLA:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Earthworm-Jim-HD/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109e2

How the hell did this game slip past me??!! This looks awesome!!!!

It's a great update and a must have.

I've picked it up on XBLA since reading this, and it's definitely a lotta fun. Admittedly, there are a few changes I've picked up on that didn't sit so well with me though, like how slow the cats in "Down the Tubes" walk now, Jim's voice (bleghh!) and for some reason Andy Asteroids is WAY more difficult for me in this HD version. Something about the way the asteroids look now makes it really damn tricky to see 'em coming before they're right in your face.

But whatever, it's EJ, it looks sexy good, and the game's a classic no matter what. Sad to say this might be the closest thing to a new EJ game we're gonna get.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.