This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hasnt there been a Sega Saturn collection?

#11metroid00700Posted 4/20/2013 9:48:01 PM
PStrife posted...
No emulator is fast enough yet, otherwise you are more likely to get another fake compilation like the Dreamcast Collection with it's Windows PC ports being falsely marketed as such.

You can have a compilation with Sonic 3D Blast and other such ports in the Saturn Collection.

SSF on PC is fantastic. I never get any glitches or slowdown in any of my games. SEGA seems to have a good emulator with the recent fighting game triad being released. They're probably waiting until next gen so they can fit a bunch of games on a single disc.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#12bpfolzy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:32:38 AM
There are PS emulators, why isn't there Saturn emulators?
#13CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/21/2013 12:35:31 AM

Um, there is? it's called SSF, probably the best Saturn emulator since it runs most games fairly well.
#14Allaster111Posted 4/21/2013 3:15:07 AM
I'd love an HD version of Fighters Megamix. Playing as the Daytona car was goofy fun.
#15TheBlueStigPosted 4/21/2013 6:56:15 AM
bpfolzy posted...

Do a little research into the Saturn hardware, there was a ridiculous amount of chips to be emulated, and they all must be 100% synced or the whole damn thing crashes.

There was also the fact that Sega changed the hardware design at the last second to make it a 3D machine, it was originally supposed to be just 2D, then even more chips were included to add 3D capability.

All that means it's a nightmare to emulate, even for Sega when they had the full chip map and all the source code.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin