This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i think discs rattle in my xbox

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. i think discs rattle in my xbox
2 years ago#1
I have a 4gb slim that I bought about 2 months ago to replace my old arcade model because it started having drive issues, and I noticed it was making an odd noise. It sounded like a small piece of plastic rattling against a fan, it would only do it every now and then, but it's getting more common. It would only do it at the dashboard, once I started a game it would stop immediately, whether it's installed or not. After a little troubleshooting I found out it only does it when there's a disc in it. Is this anything serious or something I should even worry about?
---
Look at this noob!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
2 years ago#2
After doing some research online, I've come to the conclusion that it might be the orientation sensor vibrating. If I turn my console upright it stops immediately and doesn't make the noise no matter what. Anyone have any thoughts?
---
Look at this noob!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?=89123
2 years ago#3
Loose internal components that aren't supposed to be so loose, aren't a good thing, even if it's not a major issue and just an annoyance at this time.

Since you only bought it 2 months ago, I would try and take it back to the place you bought it from and get them to replace it, or call Microsoft and get them to replace your console with a new one that is fitted together properly.

Unless your XBox was specifically advertised with this rattling as a feature, it's defective and you should get it replaced ASAP (under the responsibilities of the seller/manufacturer) while it's still relatively new, rather than let this minor problem deteriorate into a full blown broken part.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. i think discs rattle in my xbox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived