This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What should bethesda's next game be

#11cmwmccalPosted 4/21/2013 11:27:41 AM
cmwmccal posted...
But you've already stated you hate Bethesda games, so you might be a tad bit biased against them.

The writing is one of three reasons I dislike their games, so I am not bias.

I'm not sure you know what biased means.

Yes I do. In this case, I am not biased. I dislike Bethesda games BECAUSE of the writing. If stating I think the writing is bad makes me biased, then therefore all negative opinions are biased, which is simply not true.
---
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
#12_LordAndSaviorPosted 4/21/2013 3:03:26 PM
cmwmccal posted...
But you've already stated you hate Bethesda games, so you might be a tad bit biased against them.

The writing is one of three reasons I dislike their games, so I am not bias.

To be honest Fallout 3 is probably my favorite game this gen tied with Fallout: New Vegas and i agree that the writing in FO3 was terrible and that is what NV improved heavily on.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#13SunDevil77Posted 4/21/2013 3:05:38 PM
UrbanMessiah posted...
I could see Bethesda doing a badass cyberpunk game.

Yeah, that would be awesome...there really needs to be more cyberpunk themed games. You looking forward to CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 game?

You bet your pants I am! CDPR are some of the best devs around.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#14Arucard05Posted 4/21/2013 3:07:43 PM
In the case of almost any developer, the answer is I'd like to see something new. New games in franchises I like are fine, but I'm always looking to see a studio flex its creative muscle.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#15youshallbeasgodPosted 4/21/2013 3:14:28 PM
It's a boring Horror Game.
---
I've covered wars, you know.
#16KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/21/2013 4:02:10 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
It's a boring Horror Game.

Bethesda Softworks are publishing The Evil Within not developing it. That means Bethesda are probably doing what they do best and are developing thier next open world game.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: A (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#17UrbanMessiahPosted 4/21/2013 5:34:56 PM
UrbanMessiah posted...
I could see Bethesda doing a badass cyberpunk game.

Yeah, that would be awesome...there really needs to be more cyberpunk themed games. You looking forward to CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 game?

You bet your pants I am! CDPR are some of the best devs around.

Speaking of cyberpunk, what about Shadowrun Returns? Yeah it's got some fantasy elements in it but everything else is totally cyberpunk.
---
"Killing in the name of peace makes as much sense as ****ing in the name of chastity..."
#18crucialPosted 4/21/2013 6:27:33 PM
Fallout 4

Fallout 3 writing wasn't anything special but far from bad,Fallout NV however had great writing and a good story overall,and they also did a great job with Skyrim as well especially the Dragonborn DLC.

No one make's open world game's better then Bethesda,whatever it is it's a day one purchase I do hope it's next gen though.
#19Arucard05Posted 4/21/2013 6:54:16 PM
Fallout 3 writing wasn't anything special but far from bad,Fallout NV however had great writing and a good story overall,and they also did a great job with Skyrim as well especially the Dragonborn DLC.

That's because that game was made by Obsidian, which has some of the best RPG writers around.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#20DirgePosted 4/22/2013 6:15:00 AM
Morrowind HD