This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it ok to stream and/or video tape while you play on Xbox Live, competitively?

#21dannyaqPosted 4/22/2013 2:02:09 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...
I'd like to offer some analysis and commentary on some matches, also, which would be (100%) for educational purposes ONLY and nothing else.

#1 educational means for like schools and orgnizations like that. and inormative purposes refers more to stuff like news. regardless simply being one of those things doen't mean it is fair use. there are no hard set qualifications to classify things as fair use or not. the only way to tell for sure is to have a court decide when you are getting sued. it's like the insanity defense.

If it was illegal, I would think each and every one of those videos would have been pulled by YouTube.

no, its because the copyright owners don't care (or don't know about the videos).

Have you guys never heard of Twitch TV or something? Of course you can record and stream videogames.

have you never heard of napster, they never got shut down for copyright infringement or anything. just cause it exists in the public doesnt make it legal.

It's considered public domain, so it's no different than recording someone walking on a public street or in the park. It doesn't protect you from civil suit though.

again not 100% sure but i would imagine it's not public since people are located in their own private homes. also the voice chat would probably fall under the same laws as phone calls.

Again, I'm just point out copyright law is a lot more restrictive than people treat it. but even copyright holders don't care about a lot of things because they do so little if any damage and going after it isn't worth the effort. Still, that doesn't make it OK. It's like stealing a pen from work. Not ok, but pretty much no worries about concequences.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#22IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:27:02 PM
sec713 posted...
No. It's not ok.

Says just you?
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#23GGearXPosted 4/22/2013 6:31:48 PM
Section 37 paragraph 2

"No authorization of use of digital media
Shared if for profit"

There ya go TC. As long as you don't make money off of it. You are free to record.

Also due to privacy. You have to blur out the names of the game tags.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#24IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:48:18 PM
GGearX posted...
Section 37 paragraph 2

Shared if for profit"

There ya go TC. As long as you don't make money off of it. You are free to record.

Pretty sure streaming makes that impossible, yes?
---
#25GGearXPosted 4/22/2013 6:59:13 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
Section 37 paragraph 2

Shared if for profit"

Depends. Are you making money off of it?

Or are you talk about the blurring?
---
#26IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:59:26 PM
I HIGHLY doubt other streamers block out the gamertags of the people they play somehow.
---
#27IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:00:13 PM
GGearX posted...
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
Section 37 paragraph 2

Shared if for profit"

I was talking about the blurring, not the fincancial aspect. I'm not going to be making any money off of it at all.
---
#28GGearXPosted 4/22/2013 7:04:11 PM
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
Section 37 paragraph 2

Shared if for profit"

I was talking about the blurring, not the fincancial aspect. I'm not going to be making any money off of it at all.

Oh well in that case. It doesn't matter. I was just suggesting blurring if you were editing / uploading a video of multilayer ( can't spell multilayer right)
It's just common courtesy bro. Yeah if you are streaming, you can't blurr. But if you aren't streaming. Please do!
---
#29IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 7:08:37 PM
GGearX posted...
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
IIICE_COLD posted...
GGearX posted...
Section 37 paragraph 2

Shared if for profit"

Oh well in that case. It doesn't matter. I was just suggesting blurring if you were editing / uploading a video of multilayer ( can't spell multilayer right)
It's just common courtesy bro. Yeah if you are streaming, you can't blurr. But if you aren't streaming. Please do!

So you're saying that I'm able to stream Xbox Live 5 on 5 Gears of War matches, if I'm not making money off of them, WITHOUT blurring the names/Xbox Live Gamertags of other players?
---
#30dannyaqPosted 4/22/2013 7:10:48 PM
you might not be making money off of it but what website are you using? unless you are personally streaming to friends, I'm assuming you are using a commercial for profit site. That would constitute doing it for profit. maybe not your profit, but it is for profit.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't