This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Boy I'll tell ya.....that ff13-2 just goes all over the place lol

#11Banana_ManaPosted 4/22/2013 12:26:51 AM
crucial posted...
People still play FF outside of japan?

You know FF is garbage now when people want remake's and HD version's of the older game's,FF 10 was the last decent FF the rest are just turd's.

This series need's to die like CoD.

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's gooder than you is.
#12JukainPosted 4/22/2013 12:28:32 AM
I had no difficulty at all following Final Fantasy XIII-2, for the record. Final Fantasy XIII with its not explaining... anything... throughout the game, though? I could see where you'd be confused there unless you read the datalogs religiously.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#13TBD2009Posted 4/22/2013 1:14:21 AM
HeLeeham posted...
DyingPancake posted...
I really enjoyed it and thought the story was good

^This. I didn't find it at all complicated, understanding the concept of what was happening... then again, I watch J-Horror films all the time, and am a devout fan of all manner of time travel related stories (be they movies, shows, or games), so I kind of "get it" really quickly.

pyrokinesis666 posted...
The final fantasy I want upgraded and on the xbox the most is,

final fantasy 3 from the super Nintendo.

still my fav ff game

I've been saying this, since the N64DD "teaser tech demo" of a 3D FFVI. >_<

I *~know~* they released a (more or less) direct port to the GBA and PS1... but I want this game remastered, in HD, with all the bonus content added in the newer ports. I want a REAL re-release of FFVI, dammit!

crucial posted...
People still play FF outside of japan?

You know FF is garbage now when people want remake's and HD version's of the older game's,FF 10 was the last decent FF the rest are just turd's.

This series need's to die like CoD.

While I understand your opinion is your own, I respectfully disagree with you.

Jukain posted...
I had no difficulty at all following Final Fantasy XIII-2, for the record. Final Fantasy XIII with its not explaining... anything... throughout the game, though? I could see where you'd be confused there unless you read the datalogs religiously.

...which is something I *~so~o~o~o~* totally did. Each time new data was added to the datalog, I read it, and knew what was going on for most of the game... I did get a few curve balls thrown at me, but it was nice getting hit with surprises here and there, and finding that "facts" were being "obscured" (and outright omitted) in some of the datalogs, or just outright misleading, to carry along the story up to that point, before telling you the whole story.

Still... as much as I do enjoy the old school Final Fantasy games... I just don't understand the hate some people have for the "Post FFX" games. Is it because they changed the game to allow the player to move about the field and choose to attack monsters? Is it the "weak" storytelling, you think you're getting (and, honestly, the newer games stories are every bit as good as those in the 8-bit and 16-bit games)?

What, exactly, is "wrong" with the Final Fantasy franchise that, honestly, wasn't already "wrong" with it, to begin with? Final Fantasy hasn't really changed, as far as I can tell, and I've been playing the franchise since Final Fantasy I on the NES (Every. Single. Title. Even. On. The. Gamecube.).
#14ThugETHPosted 4/22/2013 2:32:17 AM
I picked this game up last week for 5 new but haven't started it yet as am playing through FFXIII first.
Lightning Returns looks great and I already have FDXHD and X-2 preordered for Vita.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#15JackBurton85Posted 4/22/2013 2:49:08 AM
Any Final Fantasy game with "X" in the title is cringeworthy trash.
#16JukainPosted 4/22/2013 3:22:06 AM
JackBurton85 posted...
Any Final Fantasy game with "X" in the title is cringeworthy trash.

By this statement, you are calling Final Fantasy IX cringeworthy trash. This is not acceptable.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#17ThugETHPosted 4/22/2013 4:26:17 AM
Sweeping generalizations are trash too!
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#18trinityEDGEPosted 4/22/2013 4:41:20 AM
Legitimate question; no trolling: why do you guys think FFXIII-2's story is good?

It's filled with incredibly shoehorned characters (all the new characters), shoehorned plot (Lightning Goddess, Time Travel, etc), stupid characters (Etro being the prime suspect), an ending that did not resolve anything, a freakin' "to be continued", and a villain whose motives are just terribad.

Of course, that is my opinion; just wondering what other people think about the character, plot, etc etc, and how it can be good. This is not condescending, I swear.
#19HeLeehamPosted 4/22/2013 5:05:27 AM
trinityEDGE posted...
Legitimate question; no trolling: why do you guys think FFXIII-2's story is good?

It's filled with incredibly shoehorned characters (all the new characters), shoehorned plot (Lightning Goddess, Time Travel, etc), stupid characters (Etro being the prime suspect), an ending that did not resolve anything, a freakin' "to be continued", and a villain whose motives are just terribad.

Of course, that is my opinion; just wondering what other people think about the character, plot, etc etc, and how it can be good. This is not condescending, I swear.

The characters weren't that bad at all. They could of been a lot worst (Mack and cooke). The plot was very interesting and they actually did a good job of making the different times/dimensions feel like things have changed. Caius was a great villain IMO and has one of the best voice actors in the business (Liam O'Brian). If a game is going to be made into a series or given a sequel I would much rather prefer a too be continued ending then an ending where everything is resolved and in the next game things just go wrong again without reason.
#20Rancid_SkankPosted 4/22/2013 6:41:35 AM
I'm a big FF fan and have been for years, and I thought XIII-2 was one of the better efforts from them in a long time, despite it's flaws.

I'd go as far as to say the best since IX in fact.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK