This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else split their time between PC and console?

#1gunner967Posted 4/21/2013 5:05:35 PM
Seriously, it seems like the PC guys are going around everywhere and saying that PC is better than consoles for everything. I fall into the category that I buy some games for PC, some for my 360 or occasionally my PS3. I am getting a new computer soon, so I'll be buying more PC stuff, but some games work better on consoles, like racing games or arguably shooters. However, there is literally no doubt in my mind that PC is leagues ahead of consoles as far as RTS and similar games, and the recent free to play trend (Planetside 2 is great).

On a side note, I'm definitely getting Battlefield 4 for PC, as I'm probably going to hold off on next gen for a bit and I honestly have no idea how the game is going to run on a PS3 or 360.
---
In fact, you suck so good you should work at a Thai massage parlor. --- Mayde on a Dark Souls troll.
#2Killah PriestPosted 4/21/2013 5:07:00 PM
I game on consoles and PC.

usually more consoles early gen and as the gen progresses PC version because the console versions start to lag behind quality wise.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/21/2013 5:31:34 PM(edited)
PC - Multiplats and exclusives
Consoles - Exclusives only, the odd multiplat if friends with console only are getting it.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: A (PS3), Dragon Age: Origins (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#495_EclipsePosted 4/21/2013 5:42:58 PM
I game on both, but I typically only use my PC for RTS sims/simcity(4) and older PC games. Also occasionally I'll play an MMO (Ryzom or Eve) but aside from that I stick to consoles.

PC elitist are an embarrassment to all gamers and people should really just ignore them, they are the type of people that give gamers a bad look to non gamers. But trolls will be trolls.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#5tracazoidPosted 4/21/2013 5:51:22 PM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...
I game on both, but I typically only use my PC for RTS sims/simcity(4) and older PC games. Also occasionally I'll play an MMO (Ryzom or Eve) but aside from that I stick to consoles.

PC elitist are an embarrassment to all gamers and people should really just ignore them, they are the type of people that give gamers a bad look to non gamers. But trolls will be trolls.

PC gamers don't need to do that, people can't just jump into any online game to show just how much of an embarrassment all gamers are to themselves.

People should really stop acting like any facet of the gaming community is worse than another, they're all pretty terrible in pretty much equal amounts, just different ways...yet the PC does have League of Legends, yet I stand by my point.
#6SunDevil77Posted 4/21/2013 5:48:19 PM
I play my PC for MMOs and RTS. Everything else is console for me. I do play a lot of Starcraft, Diablo, and an MMO or two, so I'd say it's almost evenly split.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#795_EclipsePosted 4/21/2013 5:52:03 PM
tracazoid posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

PC gamers don't need to do that, people can't just jump into any online game to show just how much of an embarrassment all gamers are to themselves.

People should really stop acting like any facet of the gaming community is worse than another, they're all pretty terrible in pretty much equal amounts, just different ways.

Nah, Fanboy 'badness' goes in this order : PC Elitist >>>>>> Nintendo fanboys >> Xbox fanboys > PS fanboys.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#8tracazoidPosted 4/21/2013 6:02:12 PM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...
tracazoid posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

People should really stop acting like any facet of the gaming community is worse than another, they're all pretty terrible in pretty much equal amounts, just different ways.

Nah, Fanboy 'badness' goes in this order : PC Elitist >>>>>> Nintendo fanboys >> Xbox fanboys > PS fanboys.

Nah they're all pretty horrendous, I've essentially been called a n***** or f***** plenty of times on pretty much any system with an online connectivity where you could interact with another player.

Read around any of the forums here and you could see. They're all the exact same, just a different thing to complain about and point the finger at the others as worse. Most times while completely ignoring anything stupidly said by the side they most identify with.
#9unknown2226Posted 4/21/2013 6:13:05 PM(edited)
consoles are only good for exclusives and even then if the exclusives were to be released on PC it would be better. And Sony fanboys are the worst - google it and you will see many articles written as to why Sony fanboys are in fact the whiniest.
---
GTX 580 SLI - i5 2500k @ 4.6 - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 256GB - HX1050 - ASRock Z3X3 - HAF 912 - BenQ XL2420TX
http://i.imgur.com/EjVaT6l.jpg