This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragons Dogma > Skyrim, So whos buying Dark Arisen? 4/23

#21CarpetfluffPosted 4/22/2013 2:50:12 AM
For 17.99 from Amazon, I'll pick it up again. I really loved the game but I did trade it once I'd played it death and for that price with the new content I can't see much reason not to get it back. I missed it.
#22NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/22/2013 3:03:09 AM
What does this game compare to?

RPGs Ive enjoyed recently

Demons/ Dark Souls
Witcher 2
Mass Effect series
Alpha Protocol

I played a few hours of Dragon Age Origins but didnt really like it that much, I stopped playing it. I think a big part of it was the gameplay, I am just not a fan of that old school style. But it also seemed very generic fantasy stuff.

It plays like Skyrim (open world land mass) with DMC responsive combat.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#23the_reaper849Posted 4/22/2013 3:14:04 AM
Duwstai posted...
What does this game compare to?

RPGs Ive enjoyed recently

Demons/ Dark Souls
Witcher 2
Mass Effect series
Alpha Protocol

I played a few hours of Dragon Age Origins but didnt really like it that much, I stopped playing it. I think a big part of it was the gameplay, I am just not a fan of that old school style. But it also seemed very generic fantasy stuff.

the combat is a simplified devil may cry with 9 classes to choose from iirc
story is alright typical anime-esqe story where you destroy god/godlike entity.
the overworld is not as big as skyrim or mass effect.

one thing thats great about it is the enemies. theres lots of mobs. goblins, griffins, cockatrices, chimeras and ogres. all of them with satisfying battles.
---
Defiance Xbox360 MutantPlatoon2063 Guild Founder http://mp2063.enjin.com/home
#24Rome218Posted 4/22/2013 3:27:04 AM
I played only a little of Dragon's Dogma. I thought the combat was really fun, but I was not enjoying playing a letterboxed game.

I did enjoy it more than Skyrim. I used to love the series since Morrowind, I think I have been burnt out on that style of RPG since FO:NV.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#25_KarlPilkingtonPosted 4/22/2013 6:54:47 AM
Ordered it yesterday. Almost bought the original a few months ago, until I realized DA was coming. Considering they apparently fixed a lot of the main flaws from the first (better fast travel, less annoying pawns), I can't wait.
---
Manmoths?
#26ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 4/22/2013 6:57:01 AM
i like dd but no way in hell is it better than skyrim
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#27SunDevil77Posted 4/22/2013 6:59:20 AM
Why compare it to Skyrim? They're absolutely nothing alike other than dragons.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#28GuardianLegendXPosted 4/22/2013 7:00:12 AM(edited)
velvet_hammer posted...
I know I am.... The Capcom DMC team did an amazing job first time with a new I.P.. The game play was great. Dark Arisen looks like its the SE version to DMC3 with even more content...

Dark Arisen, adds a new island to explore, over 100 new weapons, new enemies, a new questline, a harder difficulty, a new upgrade level for every item in the game. Thats just off the top of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoCMlWesT0U

I don't know if I'd say DD is better than Skyrim. I put in about the same amount of time in both games. I have more memories of Skyrim though.

I have it preordered though.
---
GT: wTATERSprecious Pawn: Kokoa Shuzen
Playing: Ginga Force, PSP2:Infinity, EO4, Caladrius
#29OrgeLambartPosted 4/22/2013 7:17:16 AM
LOL @ Capcom, watch Dark Arisen be like 2 hours long, and forcing people who already own the game to repurchase it to get the new content, instead of releasing it like the DLC it is...

They had to rework the entire game for the DLC lol... more excuses. mark my words 2 - 3 hours of additional content, forcing people who bought DD to rebuy the original game for no other reason than the LOL.
#30SoincMetalPosted 4/22/2013 7:19:08 AM
Well it's great for people like me who was just to busy to play it the first time around.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892