This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about achievements?

#1VandorLeePosted 4/22/2013 1:54:14 PM
If i dont get them im annoyed because i feel im fully capable of getting them.

If i get them i acknowledge that they dont mean or do anything and i dont care about them.

I just dont care at all about multiplayer/online achievements though....
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/22/2013 1:59:03 PM
They are seriously like crack. I know they don't mean jack, but ill look through the list in a game I'm playing, say "oh, that one might be easy" and find myself 2 hours later cursing at my TV trying to get one. IE the Max Payne 3 chain achievement.

One of the most brilliant moves on Microsoft's part this gen
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#3Dante729Posted 4/22/2013 1:59:50 PM
Certainly one way to increase the longevity of a game.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#4s2goodPosted 4/22/2013 2:03:20 PM
Dante729 posted...

This. And Nintendo should listen.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#5nothingbeastPosted 4/22/2013 2:04:29 PM
They help me with the replay value of my games.

Especially right now when i'm trying to shift my entertainment budget to the vacation fund.

Going back and playing some older titles that have a lot of achievements to unlock is definitely helping with that. I've dug out about 5 titles I haven't played in months to try and keep me busy, and to fight off the urge for a "new" title.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#6EcotronPosted 4/22/2013 2:35:27 PM
Love them. thing is they arent the same on ps3. like who the F cares about trophies seriously?
#7CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/22/2013 2:38:13 PM
I like them but I don't like GS, I feel too many people care too much about their GS than to actually enjoy the game they're playing but that's just me.
#8SweetTreet4UPosted 4/22/2013 2:38:38 PM
I used to be addicted to them. Now not so much.
---
LeetCheet, back from the Purgatory.
#9OverburdenedPosted 4/22/2013 2:40:14 PM
Dante729 posted...

This.

And I like completing a task and being rewarded.

On playstation 1 for example, playing roll cage2 and completing it 100% gave me a nice feeling.
If it was on the xbox, i could have an achievement for doing that then, a nice little record of my awesome abilitys.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#10flame030191Posted 4/22/2013 2:40:20 PM
Achievements and Trophies are nice additions that adds a little extra optional challenge to the games (typically. Some games can be stupid with them, like The Walking Dead's "just beat the game" or some games, usually fighting games, requiring once in a lifetime odds of things happening).

I go for them when I feel like it, but if it's too grinding or if I don't care about the game enough, I'll ignore them.

As far as Achievements vs Trophies, I prefer the layout and "level" system that Trophies offer, but I like the flexibility of Achievements (trophies come in Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum, where Achievements can come in any form of number that equals up to 200 for Arcade titles or 1000 for retail games)
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.