This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about achievements?

#41beautifuldreamsPosted 4/23/2013 1:16:50 AM
i have had achievements ruin many a coop game. a person will be a great teammate, then turn into an as5hat, because an achievement demands it
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#42CatfishWigginsPosted 4/23/2013 3:27:45 AM
I love them.

An exception though: "Get the highest rank in online multiplayer." I think all achievements should be able to be earned in single player offline, but that might be related to my bad Internet connection.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#43Pharsti01Posted 4/23/2013 3:31:06 AM
Dont care, i rarely even see the list.

Id be all over them if they actually unlocked anything ingame, concept artwork, music, modes, something, anything, the way they are thou, useless for me.
I actually find it sad that some people nowadays take achievements into consideration when getting a game, its like the game doesnt even matter, like those little icons are more important.
#44thecougPosted 4/23/2013 6:36:59 AM
100% addicted to them. I'm a big fan of http://www.xbox360achievements,org, and I agree with a lot of the replies, they can really add to replay value and increase the longevity of a game.

Plus I'm a completionist, so on my first playthroughs I'll take the extra time to get as many as I can, finishing as close to 100% as possible.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug
#45KingKilvasPosted 4/23/2013 1:03:30 PM
I'm addicted to achievements and I've grown to hate them.

Yes, they add replay value but for the wrong reasons. I want to play a great game twice because it's great, not because I want to get 100%. Achievements don't add anything to the game. They are time consuming. Some of them are unfair, such as multiplayer achievements.

If they exchanged gamerscore for microsoft points then it would be different. But they have no purpose.

To the person who said that Nintendo should add them....no. They don't need them. I don't want to play a Zelda game with achievements added. Completing the game 100% is enough of an achievement.
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#46pakathecatPosted 4/23/2013 5:51:31 PM
I really enjoy getting them, and they often extend the time I play a game for. However, I will not generally go way out of my way for very difficult or grindy ones, and I don't go for multiplayer ones.
#47MostlySlowJoePosted 4/23/2013 6:13:30 PM
Pharsti01 posted...
Dont care, i rarely even see the list.

Id be all over them if they actually unlocked anything ingame, concept artwork, music, modes, something, anything, the way they are thou, useless for me.
I actually find it sad that some people nowadays take achievements into consideration when getting a game, its like the game doesnt even matter, like those little icons are more important.

This

I am at like 30k or something and could not even tell you what I got one for.I turned them off about 4 years ago and havent looked back....my buddies give me #%#% cuz its the same deal that tells you that you have a message but if you need to talk to me that bad just call me...
---
Greatest PC game ever made Red Dead Remption.
#48Perfect LightPosted 4/23/2013 6:16:49 PM
I like to go for them in games I really enjoyed, in games I just liked I'll seldom try for them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#49UrbanMessiahPosted 4/23/2013 6:51:26 PM
They mean absolutely nothing tp me.
---
"Killing in the name of peace makes as much sense as ****ing in the name of chastity..."
#50cmwmccalPosted 4/23/2013 11:42:37 PM
I like achievements that provide in-game benefits, such as some of the achievements in Mass Effect. But I don't care about any other achievements and would much rather have some in-game unlockables instead.
---
It irritates me when people say RPG games.