This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear Devs, need A LOT more Single Player DLC next gen

#11squarex8264Posted 4/22/2013 4:38:54 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Vergils Downfall was a great example of quality single-player DLC. I enjoyed that expansion more than my entire Metal Gear: Rising purchase.

For once, I completely agree with you velvet_hammer.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#12Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:42:45 PM
squarex8264 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Vergils Downfall was a great example of quality single-player DLC. I enjoyed that expansion more than my entire Metal Gear: Rising purchase.

..it's a trap.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#13SparkItUpPosted 4/22/2013 4:46:38 PM
KryingKetchup posted...
Dear Devs, put it on the disc

I kinda agree with this....So much of the DLC is clearly content that they made during development and is released Day 1. Clearly something that was made during development should not be DLC.

I understand DLC that is made post release because sometimes an idea comes from the community or even from within the development team afterwards and that is fine...I just don't like DLC that is clearly made to finish a game (such as endings), or is clearly made during the dev process.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#14velvet_hammerPosted 4/22/2013 5:39:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15deimos91Posted 4/22/2013 5:46:41 PM
KryingKetchup posted...

Because TBOGT and Dawnguard and dragonborn were finished at the time the game was released
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#16velvet_hammerPosted 4/22/2013 5:50:45 PM(edited)
squarex8264 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
Vergils Downfall was a great example of the piss poor quality Capcom briefed on last week (hence the stoppage of western development ). I enjoyed the prologue of Metal Gear: Rising more then my entire DmC purchase.

Thanks man but I cant believe its only the first time.. You must be new around here
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#17Halo_ForeverPosted 4/23/2013 2:59:21 AM
deimos91 posted...
KryingKetchup posted...

Because TBOGT and Dawnguard and dragonborn were finished at the time the game was released

Because those are clearly the sort of content that people were complaining about.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#18kyle78Posted 4/23/2013 3:07:14 AM
I'm from the days where single player ruled the scene, I've chosen to stay there.
---
Game credits roll, and all I see is a whole lot of useless positions and titles. No wonder why they cost what they do.
#19CatfishWigginsPosted 4/23/2013 3:32:33 AM
I voted Deny. I like single player DLC, but I don't feel like we had a shortage of it. We had:

Dark Souls DLC
Dragons Dogma EXP (buying it as soon as I get off work)
New Vegas (and 3 for that matter)
Skyrim
Borderlands

I enjoyed those games and their DLC. (Borderlands and DS can both be played single player.)
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#20seankimberley42Posted 4/23/2013 10:01:39 AM
SparkItUp posted...
KryingKetchup posted...

I kinda agree with this....So much of the DLC is clearly content that they made during development and is released Day 1. Clearly something that was made during development should not be DLC.

I understand DLC that is made post release because sometimes an idea comes from the community or even from within the development team afterwards and that is fine...I just don't like DLC that is clearly made to finish a game (such as endings), or is clearly made during the dev process.

Almost all of the DLC that is made alongside the game is made with the express purpose if selling it as DLC. If there wasn't DLC almost none of it would have been made. Are you seriously so naive that you think they start to make a game with absolutely nothing planned after it's done?
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice