This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think about Achievement W****s?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 4/22/2013 5:56:50 PM
How many topics about the same f***ing thing do we really need?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12KCJ5062Posted 4/22/2013 6:01:17 PM
nickoman33 posted...
BuckVanHammer posted...
poll needs an indifferent options. i really dont care at all....

This.

Who cares, it's their time and money.

Ditto. It has no on effect on me whatsoever.
#13Matt_Man_2004Posted 4/22/2013 7:25:15 PM
crucial posted...
I am a Chevo whore but will not buy bad game's for easy chevo's,I buy what I normally would but play it more or complete the game more then once on harder diffs for the chevo's,so with that said chevo's give game's more replay value for me by a long shot,I wouldnt have put 300+ hour's into Skyrim other wise.

The shorthand cheevo bugs me a lot. Also it's cheevo, not chevo surely.

Chevo = Ch-eh-vo

Anyway I'm very aware of achievements as I go through games these days and it certainly changes the way I play them. It's kind of annoying really, I'll care about doing boring stuff because of wanting to be completionist but I really don't like that I care. It was quite refreshing to play on my brother's PS3 over the Easter break as I had no interest in trophies - it meant that I just played the bits of games that I wanted to without wasting time grinding towards meaningless numbers.

All that said there must be some part of me that likes doing it - probably that part of my brain that wants to impress people even though I'm well aware that nobody cares. Stupid brain.
#14DonomegaPosted 4/22/2013 7:31:15 PM
Don't really care one way or the other, I know I answered the post so I must care...a little, I dislike the people who rent every single game on Gamefly just for the achievements.
---
PSN: RobbieDaCool
XBL: RobDaCool
#15Robin_MaskPosted 4/22/2013 7:49:15 PM
I picked the "lose the purpose of gaming" for one reason.

I have two friends who are such a thing and one is pretty cool about it and doesn't mind anything.

But the other one, oh man, better watch out when you sneeze because it might cost him the achievement. Seriously, what the **** is going on with him.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world