This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which to get first: Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition or Borderlands: GoTY

#1metaldiggle2Posted 4/22/2013 4:58:40 PM
Which should I get first? - Results (99 votes)
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
80.81% (80 votes)
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
19.19% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Looking to get one of these, to primarily be paid for with a gamestop gift card I received recently. Which would you recommend? I own Fallout 3 and enjoyed it a lot, but I heard NV turned out a bit different (basically I've seen different people either say it was way worse or way better than FO3).
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#2RollnThunder213Posted 4/22/2013 5:08:34 PM
The people who say it's way better are the people who were fans of FO1+2 rather than FO3 usually.

That being said, I enjoyed FO3 and FNV both a ton, I say it's just a more fun experience than Borderlands despite it being a good game. NV was good at not having a storyline with "good" and "bad" decision making and instead letting you kind of be whoever you wanted to be. All the gameplay is pretty much copy and pasted so if you want more of the same you'll be pleased.

I also like the addition of the hardcore mode in NV, makes the game quite a bit more realistic and immersive if that's your kind of thing (need to eat, sleep, drink water, etc)
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3MRevelle83Posted 4/22/2013 5:12:12 PM
Borderlands can be played and enjoyed single player, but the lack of a strong storyline and the amount of time it takes to complete everything (its not fully open world like FO, so its not as much of a compliment saying that) really pushes to needing other players.

Other than that, you can't really go wrong with either.
---
www.academagia.com
#4MaDHatPosted 4/22/2013 5:13:32 PM(edited)
Fallout blows Borderlands out of the water. I love Borderlands, don't get me wrong, but it's one of those Diablo kind of games where once you beat the game, the only thing left to do is just play it again on a harder difficulty and grind for better items while doing the same thing you already did.. Myself, I get bored pretty quickly on that second (or third) playthrough. It's all personal opinion though.
#5cymanxPosted 4/22/2013 5:29:54 PM
Let me open with a scenario for you TC. You are playing Borderlands GOTY multiplayer, and you see one of the most rare weapons in the game. But behold, suddenly rushes in and ninja-loots the weapon before you can grab it. In Fallout, you never have this problem.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#6metaldiggle2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:18:32 PM
cymanx posted...
Let me open with a scenario for you TC. You are playing Borderlands GOTY multiplayer, and you see one of the most rare weapons in the game. But behold, suddenly rushes in and ninja-loots the weapon before you can grab it. In Fallout, you never have this problem.

Haha, geez.

Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'll start with FNV.
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#7EcotronPosted 4/22/2013 8:51:49 PM
New Vegas sucked so Borderlands
#8Walkman_005Posted 4/22/2013 9:45:17 PM
Yeah Borderlands is a super fun game but the RPG aspect of the fallout series is undeniable.

The lengthy freedom of choice, character traits, weapon use, dialogue choice and sense of open world exploration. Great game.
#9somebody336Posted 4/22/2013 9:51:01 PM
Fallout New Vegas
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#10656stoogePosted 4/22/2013 10:01:05 PM
I really enjoy both, so I'm not sure what I'd pick. I guess it doesn't matter though, as you should be happy with either purchase.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY