This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN: Dead Island: Riptide - 7.2

#1MirageMew2Posted 4/22/2013 7:23:10 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/22/dead-island-riptide-review

I plan on picking it up when it lowers, I loved the first one despite the few glitches it suffered.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
Join Abyss Walkers!
#2HandGodPosted 4/22/2013 7:26:06 PM
It's not a very good review. They say the graphics and story bring it down, but really? That much? What about the glitches? You know, the REAL reasons people might be skipping over this?

I still plan on picking it up, but I had to go to a couple of other reviews to get the skinny on what is actually going on, unfortunately.
#3SunDevil77Posted 4/22/2013 7:42:27 PM
Dead Island is BABY steps away from being an amazing AAA franchise. Literally all they had to do was make a smooth playing sequel called "Dead Island 2." If they improved even just the major problems in the first game, it would have done twice as well as it will now.

I really want to like it...but if it doesn't improve on the first one at all, I just can't love it.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#4ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 4/22/2013 7:43:51 PM
man this sucks. planned to get this and dark arisen tomorrow but both sound pretty poopy
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#5BlueJester007Posted 4/22/2013 7:45:50 PM
First one sucked. No surprise this one's no different.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#6HandGodPosted 4/22/2013 7:48:37 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
man this sucks. planned to get this and dark arisen tomorrow but both sound pretty poopy

Dark Arisen seems like it still is worth checking out. I think Riptide is going to be a "for the fans" kind of affair.
#7flame030191Posted 4/22/2013 7:50:41 PM
HandGod posted...
It's not a very good review. They say the graphics and story bring it down, but really? That much? What about the glitches? You know, the REAL reasons people might be skipping over this?

I still plan on picking it up, but I had to go to a couple of other reviews to get the skinny on what is actually going on, unfortunately.

They did note repeatedly none of the issues the original presented were even touched up.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#8HandGodPosted 4/22/2013 7:53:54 PM
flame030191 posted...
HandGod posted...

They did note repeatedly none of the issues the original presented were even touched up.

True, but it seemed like they wanted to harp on the performance issues and lack of story. Even their cons list is missing glitches from it, so I was kind of scratching my head.
#9thisismyusernmePosted 4/22/2013 7:54:43 PM
I had a blast with the first one but after I got a game breaking glitch and lost EVERYTHING right at the end I swore off the series. This is nothing more than a DLC pack and I'm not paying that much for it, I'm aware it's $50, and risking that happening again.
---
Clan Leader, Status-DISAVOWED
#10flame030191Posted 4/22/2013 7:57:58 PM
HandGod posted...
flame030191 posted...
HandGod posted...

True, but it seemed like they wanted to harp on the performance issues and lack of story. Even their cons list is missing glitches from it, so I was kind of scratching my head.

Quite honestly, all they did was bash on it hardcore, yet claim it's fun and gave it a "good" rating. Just like all their other reviews, nothing of it really makes any sense.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.