This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Football Games

#1vbarzeyPosted 4/22/2013 7:18:54 PM
I have not bought a football game in over 5-6 years. Looking forward to seeing some new players besides EA in this arena....especially the NFL games. Is the NFL license up from EA and are we going to get new football for the next gen consoles from other companies besides EA..?
#2SunDevil77Posted 4/22/2013 7:28:26 PM
Nah, EA's got that s*** on lockdown.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#395_EclipsePosted 4/22/2013 7:30:19 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

And they got a class action lawsuit for that :P
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
Always online defenders > http://i.imgur.com/7Bxoy.jpg
#4vbarzey(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 9:51:46 AM
But didn't their contract ran out or about to run out?
#5flame030191Posted 4/23/2013 10:12:16 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

They also lost quite a bit of money for everyone who bought their games to be refunded a portion of it (almost $20 for last gen Madden or NCAA, about $10 for this gen's).

I'm pretty sure they are also going to be required to allow another company to develop football games, or it will continue to be a monopoly.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#6PsychoDrama1Posted 4/23/2013 1:10:09 PM
I hope someone else is allowed to make NFL games. I got Madden 13 and was pretty satisfied at first with the "brand new physics engine". However, i started noticing things like my cornerbacks running out of bounds and glitching through the stadium on important plays, or when the a.i.'s running back got hit and then readjusted himself midair and ran a touchdown..
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#7TrugamerPosted 4/23/2013 1:35:32 PM
It's just tragic that NFL Football is the most popular sport but gets the worst representation in all of sports leagues represented in video games.
It's the popularity of the league and the exclusive deal that forces gamer's to buying a sub par game every year like clockwork regardless of quality.

Gamer's need to shame the NFL into allowing competition somehow some way.
#8top_gunsPosted 4/23/2013 2:37:57 PM
try fifa or pro evo
---
Yes I know what the Champion's League is, it's the division under the Premiership---minifidel on the fifa bord
#9CammyApplePosted 4/23/2013 2:44:28 PM
People should really stop blaming EA and blame the NFL. They are the ones who gave EA an exclusive license.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#10TrugamerPosted 4/23/2013 2:53:21 PM
Well the sad thing you don't need the license to make a football game but nobody will even try.
And if i'm not mistaken 2K could make college game now because EA lost or gave up those rights but they choose to not even try just like they won't try making a NHL game anymore even not needing an exclusive license for it.

At this point I would even settle for some good basic arcade options instead we get nothing but EA's garbage