This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Football Games

#21TrugamerPosted 4/23/2013 5:22:36 PM
And by last place I do not mean sales I mean game quality compared to all the other sports leagues out there
#22SparkItUpPosted 4/23/2013 5:26:10 PM
Trugamer posted...
SparkItUp posted...
flame030191 posted...
CammyApple posted...
People should really stop blaming EA and blame the NFL. They are the ones who gave EA an exclusive license.

While this is true, the court didnt seem to care.

I find it funny that EA gets blamed for making "mediocre" football games simply because they're the only one who does make them, yet everyone agrees wrestling games were better before it became a monopoly, yet nobody lifts a finger to get good wrestling games back.

^ exactly this...the NFL didn't like when 2K lowered 2k5 to $29.99...They felt it made the NFL brand generic, so they are pretty much letting EA have the exclusive rights.

2K was sick of never getting any respect and nobody playing their vastly superior game so they lower the price as a one time stunt to get people to buy the game and give them a chance. and for the record it 2K5 sold for $20 not $30.
What the NFL was mad about was their royalty check was not up to par so they decided it was best to just corner the market with EA instead.

okay...so it was $20...don't b**** to me about it...I actually preferred 2k5.I agree it was more about the royalty check, but their excuse was that it was generic.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#23TrugamerPosted 4/23/2013 5:27:34 PM
Madden is garbage and the sooner the people who play it finally admit it and demand a quality game the better.
Do not defend that garbage , stop .
Pure crap , pure crap running , pure crap passing , pure crap line play , pure crap tackling , pure crap play by play.
i'm not blaming people for having to buy it just don't defend that garbage just because you have to buy it
#24CammyApplePosted 4/23/2013 5:52:31 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Trugamer posted...
SparkItUp posted...
flame030191 posted...
CammyApple posted...
People should really stop blaming EA and blame the NFL. They are the ones who gave EA an exclusive license.

While this is true, the court didnt seem to care.

I find it funny that EA gets blamed for making "mediocre" football games simply because they're the only one who does make them, yet everyone agrees wrestling games were better before it became a monopoly, yet nobody lifts a finger to get good wrestling games back.

^ exactly this...the NFL didn't like when 2K lowered 2k5 to $29.99...They felt it made the NFL brand generic, so they are pretty much letting EA have the exclusive rights.

2K was sick of never getting any respect and nobody playing their vastly superior game so they lower the price as a one time stunt to get people to buy the game and give them a chance. and for the record it 2K5 sold for $20 not $30.
What the NFL was mad about was their royalty check was not up to par so they decided it was best to just corner the market with EA instead.

okay...so it was $20...don't b**** to me about it...I actually preferred 2k5.I agree it was more about the royalty check, but their excuse was that it was generic.

I preferred many things about 2K5. However it lacked a proper franchise mode. And that was a negative for me. I loved that it used the HDD to have halftime replays. I enjoyed the run game. And so on.

I feel the 2005 versions of NFL games was the strong point really. I still play both Madden 2005 and NFL 2K5 from time to time.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#25flame030191Posted 4/23/2013 5:59:49 PM
In not going to defend Madden to death and demand everyone to deal with it being the only game, but I also feel it shouldn't just bite the dust. I have fun playing the games, and don't feel EA Sports does poorly with them.

If they get competition but keep Madden going, then it would really be nice, that way those who prefer Madden have it, those who don't have an option, too.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.