This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paying 60 dollars a year to be fed advertisements

#111memoriesofbloodPosted 4/23/2013 4:54:27 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
memoriesofblood posted...
A huge steaming pile of nonsense.

Memoriesofblood, as your username indicates, you are an idiot.

Fantastic rebuttal, your subtle grace and elegant finesse with the English language and ability to speak on topic truly astonishes me. Well done good sir, well done. I wonder if I would have as much luck as you if I tried to emulate your style?

Banana_Mana huh? As your user name indicates, you're probably a fantastic and well adjusted individual who is most definitely a lovely person to spend time with and who more than likely doesn't have anger problems making yourself result to childish name calling over the internet...

Man you good, when I try to talk like you it just comes out sounding sarcastic. *hint hint*

As for Foppe who actually deserves a response for sounding like a generally nice person and staying on topic. I actually do not use the auto boot option on any of my consoles, I usually jaunt around on my console before I boot up like listen to some music chat with friends so it's just counter intuitive for myself.
#112FoppePosted 4/23/2013 4:57:51 AM(edited)
As for Foppe who actually deserves a response for sounding like a generally nice person and staying on topic

Yay!

---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#113sockesockePosted 4/23/2013 4:58:27 AM
oh btw, time for popcorn and a chair because....http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/9/95/This-is-gonna-be-good.gif
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#114IloveElitePosted 4/23/2013 4:58:32 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
IloveElite posted...
I got sick of the ads then cancelled my XBL gold account (no loss really, I almost never play games online) and then wow.. it got even worse. even more adverts and constant NAGGING to upgrade back to gold.

I then disabled my Xbox's wifi and now only use it once a week for 10 mins or so, to see if any games I am currently playing have updates to download, then I go offline with it again.

I can understand adverts when you are a silver account holder, but when I'm paying them monthly and 7-8 tenths of the screen is covered in adverts.. no thats too much, I'm out.

7-8 tenths of the screen, eh?

http://eyecit.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dashboard2011.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn_XLAi-8B9kMk1DakCaoXCQ5FVlGue5ML0FD3Mug8W9zYaeyblQ

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzIDZpRAJv9Any8jC_PDDSvz-sAn0V_jMYusTSaU-YMdnrJRy7Tg

Seems like a small amount of ads to me.

Well ignoring the border, yes. its a huge amount.
I don't expect zero ads, I dont mind one here and there but not this many, anyway I've sorted it now. offline suits me fine atm.
---
NNID: Stevezen
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
#115Banana_ManaPosted 4/23/2013 5:02:54 AM
Banana_Mana posted...

Banana_Mana huh? As your user name indicates, you're probably a fantastic and well adjusted individual who is most definitely a lovely person to spend time with and who more than likely doesn't have anger problems making yourself result to childish name calling over the internet...

Despite the poor grammar, this is fairly accurate.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's gooder than you is.
#116Banana_ManaPosted 4/23/2013 5:04:36 AM
IloveElite posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
IloveElite posted...
I got sick of the ads then cancelled my XBL gold account (no loss really, I almost never play games online) and then wow.. it got even worse. even more adverts and constant NAGGING to upgrade back to gold.

I then disabled my Xbox's wifi and now only use it once a week for 10 mins or so, to see if any games I am currently playing have updates to download, then I go offline with it again.

I can understand adverts when you are a silver account holder, but when I'm paying them monthly and 7-8 tenths of the screen is covered in adverts.. no thats too much, I'm out.

7-8 tenths of the screen, eh?

http://eyecit.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dashboard2011.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn_XLAi-8B9kMk1DakCaoXCQ5FVlGue5ML0FD3Mug8W9zYaeyblQ

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzIDZpRAJv9Any8jC_PDDSvz-sAn0V_jMYusTSaU-YMdnrJRy7Tg

Seems like a small amount of ads to me.

Well ignoring the border, yes. its a huge amount.
I don't expect zero ads, I dont mind one here and there but not this many, anyway I've sorted it now. offline suits me fine atm.

But there's only really one ad...

And it's very small.

I'm not really for / against ads - they are a part of society...

But, they are fully ignorable - if you are unable to ignore ads so small... How can you deal with TV / internet / magazines / etc. etc... ?
---
It's gooder than you is.
#117KalibakPosted 4/23/2013 5:17:15 AM(edited)
Oh, THIS topic again...

People just can't seem to figure out the difference between ads & PROMOS! Then again, Trolls love to troll.

These people must hate all the "ads" for shows & movies on HBO/Showtime/Starz/Cinemax!!!!

"But then you buy a gold membership and instantaneously you are forced to navigate through doritos and pepsi ads before you load up Halo 4 and that is unacceptable. The fact that so many people are trying to defend ads in a service you've paid for and cannot remove or hide, is simply mind boggling.

Forced to navigate through the ads? Again, 1 advertisement. The rest are promos, but... Put game in, press down on your controller & press A. Oh, MY GOD!!!! You just started a game without wading through ANYTHING!!! What's mind boggling is that you built a wall of text only to prove how uninformed you are in the very last paragraph.
#118memoriesofbloodPosted 4/23/2013 5:08:10 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

Really? The best you could do was pull the grammar police card?
Truly today is a sad day for trolls everywhere.
#119Banana_ManaPosted 4/23/2013 5:08:57 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

Really? The best you could do was pull the grammar police card?
Truly today is a sad day for trolls everywhere.

Agreed.
---
It's gooder than you is.
#120FoppePosted 4/23/2013 5:13:13 AM
Kalibak posted...
Oh, THIS topic again...

People just can't seem to figure out the difference between ads & PROMOS! Then again, Trolls love to troll.

These people must hate all the "ads" for shows & movies on HBO/Showtime/Starz/Cinemax!!!!

I had a ad... I mean promo of a TV station having a Star Wars marathon on my Xbox 360 dashboard not long ago.
...well, the ad was on my Xbox 360 dashboard, not the Star Wars marathon.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC