This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Paying 60 dollars a year to be fed advertisements

#361cymanxPosted 4/23/2013 5:09:58 PM
pothocket posted...
CapwnD posted...
MS is charging money for something that every other console (and PC, for that matter) has for free, and doesn't even have a good reason for that cost.

Hey send me a party chat on PS3. Wait, why can't you send a party chat on PS3? But you said every other console has it for free?

Oh well, at least there's demos for every PSN game for free, right? No? That's not free on PSN? That's free on XBL. Weird. But you said it was all free on every other console. .

They meant it was free because Sony pays their internet bill each month.

People can complain about the ads all they want, but the cruel truth of the matter is that X-Box Live Gold does indeed offer a few services that many other gaming services do not. I've been an avid PS3/360 user for a few years, and I know that PSN Plus does NOT offer the kind of access that X-Box Live Gold offers. But, you practically need a decent connection to get that party chat functioning, and there in lies the problem. I am NOT a PS3 fanboy when I mention this (especially since I've owned a 360 years before I've gotten a PS3), but the truth is that the PSN Plus membership offers free games and discounts of notable worth. In an economy of today's world, how can we not want this kind of service from Microsoft?
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#362Pawkie07Posted 4/23/2013 5:12:41 PM
psn>lollive
#363lelioPosted 4/23/2013 5:39:13 PM
Whether it's actually worth the money is moot. Millions of people are willing to pay. No company has ever turned off such a spigot.
#364randomweirdoPosted 4/23/2013 5:52:38 PM
I keep on seeing the same thing here which pretty much boils down to "Why does a paid service have ads?"

Seems quite a few people here are forgetting one thing: The dashboard is the same whether the account is free or gold. Don't believe me? Go make a free account and download it to your console and go see for yourself. They are the same thing. The layout and number of ads doesn't change one bit depending on your membership.

So it really boils down to the fact that TC and some others here are mad that gold doesn't remove ads when it was never advertised that it would do so.
#365OmegaPillowPosted 4/23/2013 6:17:49 PM
randomweirdo posted...
I keep on seeing the same thing here which pretty much boils down to "Why does a paid service have ads?"

Seems quite a few people here are forgetting one thing: The dashboard is the same whether the account is free or gold. Don't believe me? Go make a free account and download it to your console and go see for yourself. They are the same thing. The layout and number of ads doesn't change one bit depending on your membership.

So it really boils down to the fact that TC and some others here are mad that gold doesn't remove ads when it was never advertised that it would do so.

Who cares if its advertised or not? It's still crap
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#366cymanxPosted 4/23/2013 6:39:10 PM
randomweirdo posted...

There is one service that is genuinely WORSE then Gold, Hulu+. Hulu+ doesn't give console users access to dubed anime, you have to put up with ads, and the content is determined only by the networks that own the IPs to those shows.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#367teehee23Posted 4/23/2013 7:00:27 PM
Pawkie07 posted...
psn>lollive

XBL has never been hacked like psn.
There have been accounts targeted and users scammed by phishing but the network never compromised like psn.

I suppose if you live in a repossessed trailer or parents basement and don't care about financial security that wouldn't matter but it does to us that deserve better.

XBL also has the bestest games.
And that nice.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#368Pinoy441Posted 4/23/2013 10:48:29 PM
teehee23 posted...
Pawkie07 posted...
psn>lollive

XBL has never been hacked like psn.
There have been accounts targeted and users scammed by phishing but the network never compromised like psn.

I suppose if you live in a repossessed trailer or parents basement and don't care about financial security that wouldn't matter but it does to us that deserve better.

XBL also has the bestest games.
And that nice.

Troll/Fanboy?

If anonymous really wanted to they could do the same exact thing to Xbox live only reason it happened to PSN is because they got mad about some guy getting arrested or something for hacking on a PS3

And also PS3 Exclusives >>> 360 exclusives
---
*grabs popcorn*
#369SolnotPosted 4/23/2013 10:55:04 PM
Mmm... I just ordered Pizza Hut pizza off my Xbox 360 using the new Pizza Hut App! It was deliciousness! I'm glad I paid my full $60 for Gold this year!
#370StealthlysPosted 4/23/2013 10:57:43 PM
7/10 topic tc, your first ten posts made me lol.