This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the most infuriating moment in gaming this generation?

#51656stoogePosted 4/24/2013 8:59:47 AM
Well the one that's fresh in my mind is Assassin's Creed 3 and that damn naval mission that requires you sink all three ships by hitting their weak-points.

But instead of picking that one I'll one better: the controls in Assassin's Creed games. I swear they are possibly the worst controls I've ever encountered and yet they've barely changed since the first.
Hey Ubi Soft, would it kill you to program a control scheme so my character doesn't randomly run, jump or perch on or off random objects whenever they feel like it?

Oh, and anything and everything Winternova says annoys the s*** out of me. He's the CrimsonGear of the 360 boards.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#52BingSanpaoPosted 4/24/2013 9:01:19 AM
Let me think

Gamestop preorder DLC.
Bioware DA2 & ME3 Day 1 DLC.
Capcom Locked content in SF VS tekken.
3DS games that never come to Europe.
Having to pay for pictures, avatars or even cheats and ammo in some games.
#53SheepinatorPosted 4/24/2013 9:03:45 AM
BingSanpao posted...
Having to pay for pictures, avatars or even cheats and ammo in some games.

What games do this?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#54TheGam3925Posted 4/24/2013 9:12:38 AM
Call of Duty World at War's blowtorch and corkscrew on veteran difficulty.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#55DarthSchubertPosted 4/24/2013 9:13:59 AM
How is it not Red Ring of Death? Nothing worse.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#56GhostSigmaPosted 4/24/2013 9:38:18 AM
Well in recent memory, I would have to say its the ball puzzle in Silver's story in Sonic 06. Pretty frustrating stuff!!
#57cymanxPosted 4/24/2013 3:43:47 PM
Winternova posted...
All the whining little b****** who complain about things like Store exclusive preorder bonuses, Day 1 DLC, On Disc DLC, Region Lock. and Microtransactions. Basically about 90% of the posters on GameFAQs.

Actually, I find myself not caring so much about that stuff and would have no problem buying it if the option became available at a later date. I mostly despise bad or poorly implimented game mechanics.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#58tracazoidPosted 4/24/2013 4:03:39 PM(edited)
Fatal Frame being a Nintendo published franchise and then deciding to not release its titles in North America.

My personal favourite Horror series that I'm not willing to hack my Wii or import to be able to play. That's my biggest gripe personally, it went from a multiplatform series to being a single platform series with 3(which is fine) and now it doesn't even come out in North America which would at least for me personally be 80% of the reason to buy a Wii.

That sucks though as I'll never get to play Fatal Frame IV or the Fatal Frame 2 remake and they were probably the biggest draw towards the Wii for me. I hoped they were just pushing off IV for North America yet nope and by the time the Fatal Frame 2 remake which also didn't come to North America was announced I didn't give a crap anymore.

Way to neglect part of its fanbase in an already niche genre, they could use all the sales they get and to make it even worse the EU still got the Fatal Frame 2 remake...wtf were they thinking! Just print the bloody EU version in North America.

The handling of the series this generation has been atrocious, made worse by having Fatal Frame 2 Remake already translated and still not releasing a North American version.
#59JamanjaxPosted 4/24/2013 3:49:16 PM
Metroid Other M not getting the recognition it deserved.

Nah, I'm fairly certain that everyone recognizes the fact that it killed a once great series.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#60UrbanMessiahPosted 4/24/2013 7:26:30 PM
My most infuriating moment would be playing Full House Poker with four Kings and going all in, only to get stomped withan inside straight. Yes, I raged...hard. >.<
---
People, this is AMERICA! When push comes to shove? You shove that mother****** under a moving train! (>.<)