This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Trek: The Game

#1SunDevil77Posted 4/23/2013 6:01:54 PM
So! Me and my brother excitedly popped the disc in after this game released today...getting all giddy because of the awesome co op (easy, press A to start, couch co op...a rarity lately). 10 minutes in? It's...okay. Basically a Gears of War Star Trek skin...the plot is thin, the graphics are very lacking. The environments are pretty well done (except when you get close, textures get muddy), and the voice acting is okay. 20 minutes in? F*** this game. It gives you these hacking terminals that are frustrating as all hell...and when I finally figured out how to hack it and get into the teleport bay? Much to my dismay, Spock starts doing the splits. Up and down, left and right, my vulcan was doing movements that shouldn't be possible.

The game isn't horrible, but damn, was it rushed.

This is only the first 30 minutes, so the overall quality might get better...but a glitch that prevents me from moving on this early is quite upsetting.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#2MostlySlowJoePosted 4/23/2013 6:20:27 PM
Thats a shame. Im not sure I could enjoy it anyway after playing STO and controlling a full ship like a real captin. They fixed STO BTW you even send crew members on away missions.
---
Greatest PC game ever made Red Dead Remption.
#3CrimsonStryke28Posted 4/23/2013 6:29:11 PM
Thats a shame. Im not sure I could enjoy it anyway after playing STO and controlling a full ship like a real captin. They fixed STO BTW you even send crew members on away missions.

STO as in Star Trek Online?
#4SunDevil77(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:29:44 PM
I was just hoping for a Mass Effect-esque ST game. It would be simple...but this game doesn't even look as good at the first ME.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#5MostlySlowJoePosted 4/23/2013 6:35:35 PM
CrimsonStryke28 posted...

STO as in Star Trek Online?

Ya they fixed it. It was trash but they have added so much that it playable now...New ground combat even adding romulans as a faction in may.
---
Greatest PC game ever made Red Dead Remption.
#6Zohar_MetatronPosted 4/23/2013 6:35:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMgdc0BRqc
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#7VincentVegaPosted 4/23/2013 7:08:44 PM
I was looking forward to this one. Damn.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#8Perfect LightPosted 4/23/2013 7:10:24 PM
This is really shocking to anyone? This game screamed cash grab to me from the beginning. My concerns were clearly correct, they rushed it to come out before the movie.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#9TheBlueStigPosted 4/23/2013 9:06:27 PM
Hello, McFly!?!?!

Movie License, it's going to be bad. That's the general rule of thumb to follow so you won't be disappointed, but mostly so you won't waste your money in the first place.

Some people never learn.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10WinternovaPosted 4/23/2013 9:09:17 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Hello, McFly!?!?!

Movie License, it's going to be bad. That's the general rule of thumb to follow so you won't be disappointed, but mostly so you won't waste your money in the first place.

Some people never learn.

Except it's not based on either of the movies - it's a self-contained story. I was hoping for something at least decent...but I wasn't going to drop $60 on it. I'm more interested in picking up the updated Dragon's Dogma anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)