This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Halo?

#1EmiliaTheSagePosted 4/23/2013 9:39:19 PM
Do you like Halo? - Results (106 votes)
Yes
66.98% (71 votes)
No
17.92% (19 votes)
I don't care
15.09% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yes I do. Rocket jumping is fun.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#2somebody336Posted 4/23/2013 9:40:59 PM
Love it. One of the few games that cares about splitscreen anymore.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#3TheBlueStigPosted 4/23/2013 9:44:28 PM
EmiliaTheSage posted...
Rocket jumping is fun.

Go play Quake 2 and 3, learn what real rocketjumping is like.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4DarknessR18Posted 4/23/2013 10:37:28 PM(edited)
No I don't like Halo. I completely suck at the these f*&#^%n games, can't even play them on the "normal" difficulty. On easy it's alright though. It's not like I try and play them with a "COD mentality" like goin' in guns blazing and all, but I just tend to get slaughtered regardless of how I play, unless I play on easy. On easy the games are too easy, on normal I get raped. Plus I hate the 2 weapon limit and usually run out of ammo pretty quickly. And the environments and atmosphere I'm not so keen on either. Never played Halo MP, I don't have Xbox Live/wireless internet.
---
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series | HD 932GB | 8GB DDR3 | Win7 64-bit SP1 | 1920x1080
#5TheBlueStigPosted 4/24/2013 7:37:41 AM
DarknessR18 posted...
No I don't like Halo. I completely suck at the these f*&#^%n games, can't even play them on the "normal" difficulty. On easy it's alright though. It's not like I try and play them with a "COD mentality" like goin' in guns blazing and all, but I just tend to get slaughtered regardless of how I play, unless I play on easy. On easy the games are too easy, on normal I get raped. Plus I hate the 2 weapon limit and usually run out of ammo pretty quickly. And the environments and atmosphere I'm not so keen on either. Never played Halo MP, I don't have Xbox Live/wireless internet.

Sounds like User Error to me, if you're getting slaughtered on Normal you're doing pretty much everything wrong and only have yourself to blame.

Remember something, Halo has an invisible "tripwire" system as you enter a certain area, you set off all the enemies in that small area, so whatever you do DON'T GO FORWARD. The best thing to do is set off the invisible tripwire, then back out of that area and let the enemies come to you, preferably funnel them through a door or other choke point and kill them one at a time, preferably from some kind of cover.

And don't ever make the mistake of running into the room and THEN checking behind you, always do what's called "cutting the pie" and check the sides of the door before you run through it. I see far too many people who run through a door only to get slaughtered from behind because they didn't cut the pie before they went in.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6Perfect LightPosted 4/24/2013 7:40:31 AM
I got bored of the Halo gameplay 10 years ago. Too bad they never change anything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#7SunDevil77Posted 4/24/2013 7:42:34 AM
Very much so.
Favorite FPS series out there.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#8GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/24/2013 7:44:17 AM

Dang, that sounds like nerve damage or muscle control issues to me. It's rarely more complex then "put bullets on enemies while not getting hit".
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#9JascoDPosted 4/24/2013 7:52:38 AM
Perfect Light posted...
I got bored of the Halo gameplay 10 years ago. Too bad they never change anything.

This x10!
---
Earn to Die!
#10AWarAmp84Posted 4/24/2013 8:05:51 AM
I liked Halo 3 and got bored of Halo Reach about a year after its release. ODST was a joke and I bought Halo 4 and haven't touched it in at least a few months.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.