This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Monaco: Whats Yours Is Mine delayed hours before scheduled release

#1Link43130Posted 4/24/2013 2:11:55 AM
lol @ the modern game developer mentality of "ship it, we can always patch it later. good on microsoft for stopping them from putting out a broken product.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/monaco/monaco-delayed-on-xbox-live/10152201150481996
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#2SheepinatorPosted 4/24/2013 6:35:01 AM
Link43130 posted...
lol @ the modern game developer mentality of "ship it, we can always patch it later. good on microsoft for stopping them from putting out a broken product.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/monaco/monaco-delayed-on-xbox-live/10152201150481996

LOL at not realizing the developer already paid a fee to MS for testing, and apparently MS test department did not find the critical flaw which the developer found at the last minute.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#3jamtoast44Posted 4/24/2013 6:49:21 AM
Actually good job on the developers doing their job correctly and not letting a broken product release and doing MS's job of big testing for official release
---
xbox- xJamToastx
psn-flashthebloody
#4BobaFattPosted 4/24/2013 7:00:34 AM
Actually good job on the developers doing their job correctly and not letting a broken product release and doing MS's job of big testing for official release

Not necessarily. If it was in fact "hours" before release, then at that point the devs had already decided that the game was "good enough" to go. If that is indeed the case, than it is actually a good job on MS's part to decide that the game was not ready to be released on their system.
---
"Meaning" is the sum of the lies we tell ourselves to make our lives seem worth it.
#5pothocketPosted 4/24/2013 7:06:40 AM
BobaFatt posted...

Not necessarily. If it was in fact "hours" before release, then at that point the devs had already decided that the game was "good enough" to go. If that is indeed the case, than it is actually a good job on MS's part to decide that the game was not ready to be released on their system.

I don't know the details but I think it was 12 hours before launch. Anyways, obviously the developer doesn't know the ins and outs of the xbox or Live (this is a coop game, right?) as well as MS does which is the entire point of going through a verification process in the first place.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6SheepinatorPosted 4/24/2013 7:11:35 AM
BobaFatt posted...

You're not thinking this through. MS already announced it would be released today, which means MS finished the testing job they were paid to do and were no longer testing it. Therefore, the developer found this issue at the last minute and informed MS to delay the release.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7darkharePosted 4/24/2013 9:42:43 AM
looks like a awesome co-op heist game, looking forward to playing the demo and maybe the game.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#8Link43130(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:46:52 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Link43130 posted...

LOL at not realizing the developer already paid a fee to MS for testing, and apparently MS test department did not find the critical flaw which the developer found at the last minute.

lol @ thinking the developer would pull the game by their own accord. the steam version released today with all critical bugs that made ms pull the 360 version because steam doesn't care about quality
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#9_LordAndSaviorPosted 4/25/2013 10:54:48 AM
So when will it be released? Was hoping to use this for mypunchcard.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.