This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did people hate Sheva in RE5?

#1lonelyhamsterPosted 4/24/2013 1:35:50 AM
Everyone hates RE5 because Sheva's AI was horrible they say. What was the problem with it? Because I didn't notice anything wrong with it.
#2lostnumberwarPosted 4/24/2013 1:48:24 AM(edited)
The last time I played and gave her a full clip of ammo she immediately began firing said ammo directly into the back of my head. Not a single round went into an enemy. This is on the Gold edition with all the latest patches. Otherwise She's awesome if controlled by a human.
---
I think, therefore I don't care.
#3FocianPosted 4/24/2013 1:48:54 AM
I only played the game with another real player, but if I remember correctly people complained about her using both ammo and healing items, and not doing a great job of watching your back... even if it was being eaten at the time.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#4Banana_ManaPosted 4/24/2013 1:56:56 AM
Focian posted...
I only played the game with another real player, but if I remember correctly people complained about her using both ammo and healing items, and not doing a great job of watching your back... even if it was being eaten at the time.

This.

But, I liked her anyway.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's gooder than you is.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 4/24/2013 1:59:21 AM
She was a horrible gameplay element and the only reason she was shoved in was because of all the "racism".
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 4/24/2013 2:01:05 AM
my problems with her is that they dont give you enough options to tell her what to do. You can tell her to go or stay with no in between for specific situations. So you have her wasting ammo like crazy with a weapon you dont want her to use and using healing items when youre at 75% health. This also leads to frustrating moments where the AI cant react fast enough to counter larger damages at them or go through with a specific plan youve laid out. On Easy and Normal shes generally fine, but the second half of Vet and especially on Pro you have to monitor and plan out every tiny step you take with her.

While this is probably just me i also had her ai flat out break on several occasions (licker room) where i had to get a friend to play to actually progress(restarting the game and reloading wouldnt fix it).

as a basic AI shes generally fine, but there are moments where she can also get you killed (and has).
---
Currently playing: Kotor 2 - Red Faction: Guerrilla - Sacred 2
#7MRevelle83Posted 4/24/2013 2:24:11 AM
I remember Sheva as wasting ammo at walls, never shoots the enemy, stands still when near the chainsaw enemy (or other instant death situations) and stood in my line of fire about 100% of the time.
---
www.academagia.com
#8stawg007Posted 4/24/2013 2:52:41 AM
Gameplay wise she was useless and story wise she was irrelevant, that's why I didn't like her
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#9TheAnalogKid06Posted 4/24/2013 2:53:31 AM
MRevelle83 posted...
I remember Sheva as wasting ammo at walls, never shoots the enemy, stands still when near the chainsaw enemy (or other instant death situations) and stood in my line of fire about 100% of the time.

This perfectly sums up my experience with Sheva. Trying to beat professional mode without another person playing co op with me was an exercise in torture.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
#10Marvel ManPosted 4/24/2013 3:23:15 AM
Plant C4 on the ground. There is your answer,
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."